The Sopranos

NottsRam

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starts from the beginning tonight on Sky Atlantic. Never watched previously but the show is highly rated by many - is it worth getting into?

Make sure you watch it, it is without doubt the best thing ever on TV...

I promise you before the month is out you will be wearing an 80's tracksuit and calling yourself Paulie Walnuts....!

I'm not at home so can't watch Sky Atlantic. But I do have ways of watching the Sopranos.

I've watched the pilot and I thought it was excellent, very interestingly arranged and quite clever with the non-linearity.

If all the other many episodes are anything like that then I can't blame people for raving on about it a lot.

It will have to be something special to beat 'The Wire' though.

On a slightly related note, I watched the first two episodes of Boardwalk Empire last night...

Incredible! Brilliant viewing.

Never thought anything would be better than The Sopranos but Boardwalk Empire really is.

A fantastic series that just gets better and better with each episode.

The Americans are going overboard about it and it's as popular as The Sopranos.

Never thought anything would be better than The Sopranos but Boardwalk Empire really is.

I only got to see it because of that 'Free Pass' that Sky3 did over the weekend.

Gonna be a bit of a dry 'em from now on for me.

It really is a great series, i was in the "nothing will ever be better than the Sopranos" camp, but after watching the first 3 episodes of Boardwalk Empire i think it might be running it close.

Mrs Muespach (who is American) says that they are going wild over it in the states, and she likes it more than the Sopranos because it's not quie as violent....

Great show, what a name, Chalky White, Nucky is amazing...and his girlfriend....

It really is a great series, i was in the "nothing will ever be better than the Sopranos" camp, but after watching the first 3 episodes of Boardwalk Empire i think it might be running it close.

Mrs Muespach (who is American) says that they are going wild over it in the states, and she likes it more than the Sopranos because it's not quie as violent....

Great show, what a name, Chalky White, Nucky is amazing...and his girlfriend....

It's just perfect.

The characters, the actors that play them, the locations, the dress codes, the script, the humour, the cinematography...

Class!

It's just perfect.

The characters, the actors that play them, the locations, the dress codes, the script, the humour, the cinematography...

Class!

So far the only weak character is "Jimmy" he is just lame, totally lame, and I am hoping that he is bumped off soon, but I can't see it.

Just watched the episode with Chalky White, were he kept saying the "Mother F er" phrase....and Nucky didn't know what it was...classic.

Archived