Actual Attendance

HenryKrinkle

Apologies if this is old news/total sh1te, but a Forest fan sent me this:

I'm afraid the truth is now out. Derby home attendance figures are, as we always knew they were..a sham.

On your own Derby mad web site it has been confirrmed that DCFC include all season tickets and freebies in their attendances. Last night there were 5000 unused s/tickets and freebies. the actual REAL number of fans there last night was nearer 18500....shocking for a 1 club town.

Your own DCFC web site also confirms your away support for each game...now these figures truely are embarrasing for Rams fans. We always knew your away support was terrible, now we have the evidence your home crowds are also terrible.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an absolute load of twaddle... Surely when your ticket is read by the automated gate system it also counts the tickets. Therefore the attendance of just over 23,000 would be correct.

A lot of people can not make mid week games because of work commitments etc. They are just jealous that our gates will always be bigger than they get!!

what a load of garbage ........

I'm afraid the truth is now out. Derby home attendance figures are, as we always knew they were..a sham.

On your own Derby mad web site it has been confirrmed that DCFC include all season tickets and freebies in their attendances. Last night there were 5000 unused s/tickets and freebies. the actual REAL number of fans there last night was nearer 18500....shocking for a 1 club town.

Your own DCFC web site also confirms your away support for each game...now these figures truely are embarrasing for Rams fans. We always knew your away support was terrible, now we have the evidence your home crowds are also terrible.

it will give me great pleasure when the florist idiots win bugger all ....they must be so in debt too...hahahaha and ha.....they are so so jealous of our support.:p

Why is anyone caring about a message from a forest fan who says he proof is from a derby county fourm. We all know we get decent attendences but we do also all know that derby do give tickets to local schools which can't be a bad thing making fans for rhetorical future. Mind you it is probably putting more off at the minute

I'm amazed you go on a football forum if you get wound up that easy. I bet coming on here drives you mad some of the rubbish people come up with

Tend to stay away from forums where anyone can post *who keeps changing spinach to spinach* like on football mad.

Short temper when it comes to criticising Derby County. :mad:

Especially the free tickets and attendance arguements.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

It is true that if you have a season ticket that you are counted whether you turn up or not, Man United post gates every game of 75,000 but these days most games the actual gate is several thousand short.

The worry for Mr prune and his cronies is that with 22,000 season ticket prices only a thousand including freebies and away fans attended last night. Matchday income must have been nothing, not surprising considering the ridiculous match to match prices, which behind Leeds are the highest in the league.

prune has constantly found ways of getting rid of surplus tickets, look on E-bay and you will see tickets for £12.50 for sale for all the ground for the majority of the matches left, some spurious charity link up. For most Saturday matches the West Stand has loads of junior local clubs with discount tickets, these packages are obviously more difficult to flog on weekdays.

With all this it would not surprise me, though I do not know this that Forest's seasonal gate income is higher than ours bearing in mind they do not have the outrageous two tier season ticket prices, where most pay the lower rate.

There is NO WAY that there were only 18000 there last night.

I did read it on Derby County Mad, but the poster never said how he KNEW there were 18000.

Ridiculous.

It is true that if you have a season ticket that you are counted whether you turn up or not, Man United post gates every game of 75,000 but these days most games the actual gate is several thousand short.

The worry for Mr prune and his cronies is that with 22,000 season ticket prices only a thousand including freebies and away fans attended last night. Matchday income must have been nothing, not surprising considering the ridiculous match to match prices, which behind Leeds are the highest in the league.

prune has constantly found ways of getting rid of surplus tickets, look on E-bay and you will see tickets for £12.50 for sale for all the ground for the majority of the matches left, some spurious charity link up. For most Saturday matches the West Stand has loads of junior local clubs with discount tickets, these packages are obviously more difficult to flog on weekdays.

With all this it would not surprise me, though I do not know this that Forest's seasonal gate income is higher than ours bearing in mind they do not have the outrageous two tier season ticket prices, where most pay the lower rate.

its difficult to compare ticket income exactly as cup games etc come into the equation, but based on the last set of accounts for the 2008-2009 season the figures were as follows:

Derby match receipts £8.266m

Forest match receipts £6.465m

Now in that season we had the league cup run & the 2 leg semi with Man U which probably earned us around £1m in total. I've ignored the 2 FA cup games with Forest as income is shared from those games.

Forest do offer a discount for renewals though not as much as Derby do. Forest this season gave a £26 reduction, Derby gave a £50 discount I think.

S/T prices (adult renewals)

Derby £270 - £460

Forest £361 - £509

How did that £2 for students work out for them? Any sell outs?

Thought not.

Next.

:D

Archived