questions for the board

NorfolkRam

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
people have spoke about protest and it seems like they have started but what i think is needed is a fans forum with open questions to clough and glick regarding

-what money is available to spend. i.e. do we have to seel to buy or is there a transfer kitty, if so roughly how much.

- have we with commons departure and the retirement of savage got ample room to play with wages wise?

- what is the system for getting our inverstors to part with a small amount of money (i dont know how many investors we have but £250,000 wont be bank breaking for them but could make a difference to us) if it is a once a year call when is it and what is the figure for next season?

- how many targets have we got for each position, we need two strikers but how many are we looking at?

- is it possible to have a meeting arrange (open forum or of the like) with all or some of the investors to hear first hand what there plans are for the future for DCFC, and to possibly educate them in the ways and history of derby county and its fans ambitions.

- is it possible to look into the investors and if some have 'lost interest' in the club are we able to move them on and look for new investors who want to move forward.

- back on transfers, are we looking to hold this skeleton squad together and add to it in the summer, its is painstakingly obvious that we need to up our numbers by about 4 or 5 players, permenant please, them being two strikers, a left sided midfielder and two defenders that can cover right across the back four. will we be adding to the squad or are departures likely?

- is anyone safe? with the departure of dean moxey, who many fans believed had vastly improved this season, are other players in risk of leaving, i.e. brayford, addison, bailey and green?

when we start getting answers to these question then maybe we will be getting somewhere!

To spare you the bother, he will tell you -

money is available if the manager identifies a player he wants

we made substantial bids in January but were frustrated

wages would be made available for the right player

basically these is loads of cash, it is all Nigel's fault, etc etc.

...it would be more interesting to find out how many bids we made, what they were, exactly how much Nigel could spend, what the wages are, why they have been slashed so mercilessly and so on. Of course he will never answer that. 'Commercially sensitive' and all. But the paper-thin squad we have 'built' speaks for itself.

Judge him on what if has done, not what if says. It is safer that way.

We must be the unluckiest club on earth.

Or perhaps we should start identifying targets AND contingencies.

Our approach seems to be incredibly one-dimensional.

i quite agree. I suspect we made one (inadequate) bid for Sammon and that Glick is secretly rather happy with our 'business'. But he is hardly going to say that in an email to a worried fan.

At the end of last season we had a squad (Inc loans) of 24 players to call upon (squad was bigger but some of them were youngsters who were never going to set foot on the pitch).

This season we have 20. Isn't that the opposite of building? Making the available group of players less than the season before and selling you're top scores.

Very strange policy for a club that is being built!

At the end of last season we had a squad (Inc loans) of 24 players to call upon (squad was bigger but some of them were youngsters who were never going to set foot on the pitch).

This season we have 20. Isn't that the opposite of building? Making the available group of players less than the season before and selling you're top scores.

Very strange policy for a club that is being built!

We could get another 4 loans in next week and have the same size squad.

What was our squad size without loans and the youngsters at the end of last season and how does that compare our current squad size?

Right well if we don't include the loans we made at the time (like Tonge and Cywka) but we do include the players out on loan (like Varney) we have:

20 players last season

22 this season (I've included Croft even though he's not got a squad number it would appear)

but some of them were youngsters who were never going to set foot on the pitch

And why don't they ever get to put a foot on the pitch?.............because we have a stubborn manager who would rather have empty seats on the bench or even two goalkeepers on the bench than give the youngsters a chance!

Its time to assess the managers performance, he's now had two years, albeit in troubled times but other managers seem to get the best out of players!

I'm too old to wait for a 5 or 10 year plan to come to fruition, I want to see my team pushing on now. I want to see the best from the squad we have, I want to see the players motivated and playing as if they actually enjoy playing for this club. I want to see the youngsters given a chance.

Can Nigel achieve that, I don't think so and I think its time for change!

One more stat before I go to the gym

The amount of players in and out each season (permanent only and not including kids being released - although that's open to interpetation on who you class a kid)

This season

7 in

8 out

Season before

9 in

12 out

Season before

12 in

13 out

Season before

9 in

7 out