Commons Leaving - Good or Bad?

Toadbelly

Commons is our top scorer because he takes all the free-kicks (and has a boo if someone else does), most of the penalties, and shoots every time he gets within 30 yards of goal. He has talent so this often works for him but at what cost to the team? WOuld be interesting to know if he is 'popular in the dressing room' as they say.

Ronaldo was Man Utd's top scorer and I would have sold him for half a bag of pork scratchings, never mind 80 mil, for the same reason.

Just to correct your posting.

Commons doesn't take all of the free kicks. Savage takes a large percentage of them and Davies will likely now take them even if Commons is playing.

Commons doesn't shoot everytime he gets within 30 yards of the goal. I wish he did shoot a little more and Clough even said the same thing a few months ago.

Why are we speculating as to his popularity in the dressing room?

It sickens me just what a short memory some of you so called supporters have. Only a few months ago, Commons was the best thing since sliced bread and now look at what you are saying!

He is having a great season and is top goalscorer at Derby. He has earned the right to move to a bigger club than ours and has seen out his contract. What is wrong with that? He could have got out when the going got really tough both at Derby and at Forest but he remained loyal and credit the player.

I hope he stays but if he doesn't then thanks for the memories Kris and you will get a cheer from me everytime you visit PP.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how do we know he is not going to sign a new contract ? he has not signed for anyone yet. like it has been said before anyone in his position would way up all the options it maybe that now other clubs are taking an intrest in him he may well go back to glick and say i have been offered this now can u match it. cus i want to stay.

i cant believe some fans on here are slagging him off !!!

I have to say that if he did want to stay I would be pleased because you know he is committed to the club and wants to be here- then maybe he will start fulfilling his potential again.

But, if he really wants to stay he would have got it sorted by now and would not be interested in "weighing up his options". I have no doubt that we would have offered him a decent contract and if that isn't good enough he doesn't want to play for us enough so he should leave.

Commons doesn't take all of the free kicks. Savage takes a large percentage of them and Davies will likely now take them even if Commons is playing.

Commons doesn't shoot everytime he gets within 30 yards of the goal. I wish he did shoot a little more and Clough even said the same thing a few months ago.

It sickens me just what a short memory some of you so called supporters have. Only a few months ago, Commons was the best thing since sliced bread and now look at what you are saying!

He is having a great season and is top goalscorer at Derby. He has earned the right to move to a bigger club than ours and has seen out his contract. What is wrong with that? He could have got out when the going got really tough both at Derby and at Forest but he remained loyal and credit the player.

I hope he stays but if he doesn't then thanks for the memories Kris and you will get a cheer from me everytime you visit PP.

The only qualm I have with this is that he said before negotiations began that he has never played in such a talented team and hasn't enjoyed his football so much for a long time. Negotiations start and he says he wants to stay and the noises coming from PP was that it would be done and dusted within a week. Now, here we are over a month later with the contract not signed and him strolling around the field with £ sounds where his eyes should be.

When was the last time he scored? When was the last time he looked remotely interested in playing for the rams? He doesn't want to be here- therefore I don't want him here either. He is strolling around the pitch looking disinterested since he new that there was interest in him and money elsewhere. Get rid now for a fee or he walks in the summer having taken his wages for 4 months with no effort. Bye Kris

might be wrong but from memory the last of his 14 GOALS was a free kick against florest away

Ive been to all home games and 4 away games this season and IMO i cant say that he has looked disintrested, hes been tracking back , can remember him challenging near our corner flag fighting for the ball. however in the florest game and others he was marked by two players. plus in the last few games we have been playing hoof ball and bypassing him so its hard for him to get into the game

he's not even said he's going.

can we afford to get rid rid of our best player when we're dropping like a stone towards the bottom four?

On paper he may be our best player but when did he last play well? He is unsettled and he hasn't signed his contract after 4 weeks of negotiations. He should sign now or go- he certainly isn't doing us any favours on (or off) the pitch at the minute.

how do we know he is not going to sign a new contract ? he has not signed for anyone yet. like it has been said before anyone in his position would way up all the options it maybe that now other clubs are taking an intrest in him he may well go back to glick and say i have been offered this now can u match it. cus i want to stay.

I think the problem with Commons runs deeper than the value of his contract. If we offer him enough to stay, can we trust him to put in a shift every game? As Boycie points out, I don't get to watch many games but of the dozen or so I have seen in which Commons has played, he has either been our best player or our worst. Half the time he's a genuine World beater, the rest he is a absolute liability. Can you imagine trying to manage someone like that and fit them into your team plans? Nightmare.

Were right to slag him off he's a greedy git. Not one club he's played for has he extended his deal and it's not going to happen with us. He did the same thing at forest and at Stoke. If flick give him a new 20k a week deal for 2-3 years commons is garentied to get himself injured for a lengthy time and we won't see him again for a while.

Mark my words I'd put my mortgage on him not stopping ( if I had one ) good bye mr commons.

He plays on the left he plays on the right our boy kris commons leaves derby for *****!!

Shilton

If you're glad he's going because he's the one who does everything on the pitch - Can I ask that all our other players leave as well for doing bugger all on the pitch every game!

All he has done the last few games I have seen is dribble the ball at half speed down the left, not look up for a pass and get tackled, time and time again. Oh, yes and shout at Bueno.

I don't actually want him to go, I want him to sign his contract, knuckle down and be the player he was before christmas. It just gets my goat that this has dragged on so long and is affecting his, and possibly everyone elses, game

Take Commons out of the team and you take away any goalscoring ability that we have let.

If he goes then our top scorer in the team is Cywka with 4 goals..

I can't see good replacements coming in especially after the Hulse debacle - Glick will spin something about players in the current squad have the ability to step up to the plate, etc

I must admit that I perhaps used a little hyperbole in my post there. Commons takes a lot of the direct free-kicks and does seem to shoot a lot - and he does this very well. I was not criticizing his play, just pointing out that players who take a lot of penalties, direct free-kicks, and speculative shots at goal tend to score a lot if they have some skill - which Commons does.

I was trying to suggest that if he was not there, other players would fill these roles and their goal tallies would improve - E.g. Rooney scorng 30+ goals the season following Ronaldo's departure.

I was not suggesting, and never have suggested that KC is not a very talented footballer on his day.

I was only wondering about his popularity in the dressing room as this might provide an indication as to his impact on morale - he may be the top man in the showers - i have no idea :-)

Anyone who says they would be glad if he went after his recent performances aren't looking at the bigger picture, the whole squad are under performing, no one is standing out in the team, and I think even looking to get rid of our star player (the second in 6 months after Hulse) and it shows we are a selling club, we lack ambition and we aren't going anywhere fast

Shilts - I agree he has been off form recently, but everybody has.

We put way to much pressure on him to be the one who always has to deliver. He has scored 14 goals so the fans expect him to, but actually, we should be looking at everyone else.

How many goals have Savage and Bailey, Savage and Addison, or whoever has been playing the two (sometimes three!) Centre Mid positions given to the team this season - about 5 max. Thats a shocking return.

If Commons had support around him I don't think we would be in this position but Clough/The Board have worked us into a brilliant position and having one one poor striker, and playing players like Ben Pringle at right midfield. Its no wonder Commons gets annoyed.

For me - Fair play he has not come out in the press and had a go yet. I'd be so frustrated if I was him.

All I am asking - we've played 29 games this season and the second highest goal scorer is on 4. Why criticise the guy who's scored 14, we should be looking at those around him. Beuno has played 19 and scored 3etc.

Archived