4231 scrapped?

Stimacked

100% agree and it's basically the fullbacks that make this system work.. They provide the width..

If you saw the Arsenal Leeds game Sagna spent most of the game on the edge of the Leeds box out on the right hand side, and scored a cracker!

All teams that play 4-2-3-1 have to have fast and fit fullbacks.

Man Utd (Evra and Rafael) Arsenal (Sagna and Clichy) Spurs (Hutton and Ekoutto) Chelsea (Bosingwa and Cole) Barca (Alves and Abedal) Real Madrid (Ramos and Marcel)..

I know I've just mentioned the world class teams but they all have pacy fullbacks. We have that in Moxey and Brayford..

So why on earth Clough plays Green and Roberts at fullback is beyond belief. Even if Moxey is injured, Pearson offers more pace than Roberts. I don't even need to get started on Brayford, who IMO, is up there with the best attacking fullbacks in the league.

Because in true Cloughie fashion he's fallen out with Leacock and would rather suffer a poor run than keep the prima dona in position is my best guess. He was livid with the lack of effort he put in against Florist

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because in true Cloughie fashion he's fallen out with Leacock and would rather suffer a poor run than keep the prima dona in position is my best guess. He was livid with the lack of effort he put in against Florist

But now Addo is available to play CB he has no excuses..

If he continues to play Green and Brayford out of position I'll be fuming.

Agree with those who say that the formation isn't the issue. The issue is we've gone backwards. emjlc02 is right, Nigel seemed to be able to say to the players to play their football, to try and pass it and to stick to that ethos. We've panicked and are going back to basic to try and get us out of the rut, rather than sticking to our passing game. We need the courage to stick with what we were doing.

Agree with those who say that the formation isn't the issue. The issue is we've gone backwards. emjlc02 is right, Nigel seemed to be able to say to the players to play their football, to try and pass it and to stick to that ethos. We've panicked and are going back to basic to try and get us out of the rut, rather than sticking to our passing game. We need the courage to stick with what we were doing.

I agree but most of the crowd dont and that comes accross loud and clear when they get it wrong. Lets face it we're not good at being patient.

As for Miles I think he will be a cracking player in the midfiled two but im sorry i have my doubts of him as a centre back as he had a torrid time he last tried playing there - albeit alongside Buxton etc. Huddleston wasnt a natural cb either and at times it showed.

I would play 4-3-3, bit more solid (won't allow teams to get at our full backs as easily) but also allows our attacking players to get forward. I'd go with; Bywater

Brayford Addison Leacock Moxey

Bailey Savage Pearson

Bueno/Cywka Porter/Waghorn Commons

Bench;

Deeney

Roberts

B Davies

S Davies

J Buxton

Bueno/Cwyka

Waghorn/Porter

I'd drop Barker for a bit, he's knackered having had no pre-season which means he's lists yard of pace also?!

Ok, I know Green's not been great recently, but not even in the 18 seems a bit of an over-reaction.

How comes Nigel has now changed his mind and said that Addison is a midfielder?

He has publicly stated in the past that he regards Big Miles as a CB - and yet won't play him there now..even if it means playing others totally out of position!

For Forest, I reckon Buxton may be in with a shout...

Bywater

Brayford - Barker - Buxton - Moxey

Savage - Bailey

Green - Commons - Davies

Porter

Loads of potential for Cwyka, S. Davies or Bueno to come on and spice it up late on if necessary - or bring Miles on to shore it up...

How comes Nigel has now changed his mind and said that Addison is a midfielder?

He has publicly stated in the past that he regards Big Miles as a CB - and yet won't play him there now..even if it means playing others totally out of position!

For Forest, I reckon Buxton may be in with a shout...

Bywater

Brayford - Barker - Buxton - Moxey

Savage - Bailey

Green - Commons - Davies

Porter

Loads of potential for Cwyka, S. Davies or Bueno to come on and spice it up late on if necessary - or bring Miles on to shore it up...

I doubt Buxton will play, to be honest. Not start anyway.

I'd go:

Bywater

Brayford - Leacock - Barker - Moxey

Savage - Addison

Green - Commons - B.Davies

Porter

Gonna be a physical game, so leave Bueno till second half. Similar reasons for Cywka on the bench.

I doubt Buxton will play, to be honest. Not start anyway.

I'd go:

Bywater

Brayford - Leacock - Barker - Moxey

Savage - Addison

Green - Commons - B.Davies

Porter

Gonna be a physical game, so leave Bueno till second half. Similar reasons for Cywka on the bench.

Just can't see Nige playing Leacock - and that means probably Brayford at centre half and Green right back again...

I'd personally prefer Miles in there, but Buxton has been said to have impressed recently, albeit in reserve games. He didn't do a bad job in this fixture last year either...

I don't see Bueno starting either.

Just can't see Nige playing Leacock - and that means probably Brayford at centre half and Green right back again...

I'd personally prefer Miles in there, but Buxton has been said to have impressed recently, albeit in reserve games. He didn't do a bad job in this fixture last year either...

I don't see Bueno starting either.

He's so stubborn, gotta play Leacock at some point. I think if he plays him, he's not gonna make the same mistakes again (At CB anyway)

Could be a good game to bring him back in the mix.

He's so stubborn, gotta play Leacock at some point. I think if he plays him, he's not gonna make the same mistakes again (At CB anyway)

Could be a good game to bring him back in the mix.

Leacock on his day is as good as anyone in the league.

In fairness, his 'mare at Forest was partly because he was played at right back for some unholy reason.

He has a point to prove at least...

I'd love to see Brayford bombing down the right again too - keep their wide men occupied...Attack is sometimes the best form of defence, as they say.

In fairness, his 'mare at Forest was partly because he was played at right back for some unholy reason.

I'd love to see Brayford bombing down the right again too - keep their wide men occupied...Attack is sometimes the best form of defence, as they say.

Sounds like a plan! :D

I'm one of Leacocks biggest fans, and in all honesty he hasn't been at the top of his game in 3 years now, he had a very poor season in the premiership and since then he's been injured or been called upon faults but there is no doubting in his first season here he was brilliant, just like Barker.. this season he has been poor, last season he was awesome.

Hard to call.

........................bywater

brayford......barker......addison.....moxey

..........................bailey

davies........green........bueno......commons

........................cywka......

maybe?

Archived