19 Days and no signings

hintonsboots

The window has now been open for 19 Days (No Tye Mears jokes please) and the list of incoming players stands at [sIZE=4]0[/sIZE]

We have made several "enquires" and maybe even a few bids,( i know from one of Exeter City's directors that we didn't offer enough money for Ryan Harley.)

According to Paul Ince our bid for Davies was a joke. I would guess that their will be no incoming players until either Commons or Savage are off the wage bill, and what about Varney?

Is our reported interest in the players that have been mentioned just spin to keep fans interested and are we going to be fed a load of not the right value, and the deal didn't materialise.

How many players will be coming in during the next 11 days?

DCFC Kev are you out there mate????????????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparentely we made a third offer for Davies of £500k and they rejected just make one more at £750k if they take it then good if not sod him get someone in younger. We won't get waghorn until after Saturday as vassell still injured. As for this surposed defender haven't a clue but we need one!

I honestly don't see anyone coming in unless sav commo deano go even then I have my doubts.

How many signings have been made in the Championship so far? I'm sure we're not the only club in this league that needs players and haven't strengthened yet.

This isn't the first transfer window we have been in so it's not exactly a new thing to us all, surely we all know that the majority of the deals are done in the last couple of days of the window?

Nobody wants to lose players in January, and whether we are trying to bring in loan players or permanent players the other club will want to have a replacement lined up so it takes time.

The defender is injured and expected to be fit and available for loaning next week. Vassell is expected to be fit by Friday, at the latest, so we have a good chance of signing Waghorn then. With Davies we were always likely to go in low, and try to get a better deal, I have a feeling he will be signed up by the time we come to play forest, or possibly reveal him at half time. :D

Despite all the news to the contrary, Wikipedia has Ben Davies listed as a Derby County player with his number 'TBA'. Don;t you have to have some kind of credentials to update a Wikipedia page? If so, I think it may be true and I suspect he might be another lower league gem

If we don't sign players then obviously glick and nigel will have misled us and then people will sharpen the pitchforks.

Obviously not the case at all, I know you love a good conspiracy theory like the Hooper interest to sell season tickets but I think that's bull.

Nigel and the backroom team would of drawn up that magic list of players maybe a month or 2 ago, for a start that says to be Nigel knows how much we have to spend because you need that rough idea before you start to consider targets.

Now say he has a list of 6 players in total, he only wants 3 but has another 3 lined up as plan B. Now let's say for a mixture of reasons...injuries, selling club wants to much, they just simply won't sell and the player isn't interested and we don't sign 1. How is that Glick misleading us?

It's not as easy as Football Manager, put bid in, offer 5k pw more than what the player wants and he signs 2 days later, it's just not that simple.

I will end with a Fact I know you like those YR, fact is you nor I know **** to be honest, we don't know what has been said between Clough and Glick, we also don't know what has been said between Glick and the selling clubs, so how on earth can you or any member say that they have misled us again?

Despite all the news to the contrary, Wikipedia has Ben Davies listed as a Derby County player with his number 'TBA'. Don;t you have to have some kind of credentials to update a Wikipedia page? If so, I think it may be true and I suspect he might be another lower league gem
Nah, just sign in, I mean it even says Elvis is dead on there, shows what they know:rolleyes:

no you don't anyone can update it that is why you aren't allowed to use it for coursework etc.

Obviously not the case at all, I know you love a good conspiracy theory like the Hooper interest to sell season tickets but I think that's bull.

Nigel and the backroom team would of drawn up that magic list of players maybe a month or 2 ago, for a start that says to be Nigel knows how much we have to spend because you need that rough idea before you start to consider targets.

Now say he has a list of 6 players in total, he only wants 3 but has another 3 lined up as plan B. Now let's say for a mixture of reasons...injuries, selling club wants to much, they just simply won't sell and the player isn't interested and we don't sign 1. How is that Glick misleading us?

It's not as easy as Football Manager, put bid in, offer 5k pw more than what the player wants and he signs 2 days later, it's just not that simple.

I will end with a Fact I know you like those YR, fact is you nor I know **** to be honest, we don't know what has been said between Clough and Glick, we also don't know what has been said between Glick and the selling clubs, so how on earth can you or any member say that they have misled us again?

We do know what glick has told us though, now if no-one comes in after mr glick and Nigel acknowledging there would be movement then they haven't done what they said. You may think it's bull but it was convenient timing wasn't it.

We do know what glick has told us though, now if no-one comes in after mr glick and Nigel acknowledging there would be movement then they haven't done what they said. You may think it's bull but it was convenient timing wasn't it.

But yes I understand they wouldn't have done what they said but no manager and chairman can guarantee making signings, even Man City with all the money they have.

All clubs can do is try and bring players in, you look at any clubs forum and see how many players they have been linked to and bids that have been made yet the player didn't join each season.

But yes I understand they wouldn't have done what they said but no manager and chairman can guarantee making signings, even Man City with all the money they have.

All clubs can do is try and bring players in, you look at any clubs forum and see how many players they have been linked to and bids that have been made yet the player didn't join each season.

but for instance the offers made for Davies, seriously they are laughable daveo. Also why state yes we are after ben davies etc, I would rather them keep quiet then announce they have signed Ben Davies. If they don't do what they say which you admitted then the pitchforks will be out. To me it is starting to get unacceptable.

but for instance the offers made for Davies, seriously they are laughable daveo. Also why state yes we are after ben davies etc, I would rather them keep quiet then announce they have signed Ben Davies. If they don't do what they say which you admitted then the pitchforks will be out. To me it is starting to get unacceptable.

Do you know what the exact offers are, I've seen the 250k in the press yes but how true is that? how much do Notts want, how far away from that valuation are we?

You would like the club to remain quiet now, but rewind the clock back to January 1st and both Clough and Glick said we have no comment to make about possible signings, would you be happy or would you be demanding to know what the club are actually doing?

And once again, no club can guarentee making signings, no club can.

Do you know what the exact offers are, I've seen the 250k in the press yes but how true is that? how much do Notts want, how far away from that valuation are we?

You would like the club to remain quiet now, but rewind the clock back to January 1st and both Clough and Glick said we have no comment to make about possible signings, would you be happy or would you be demanding to know what the club are actually doing?

And once again, no club can guarentee making signings, no club can.

well when the chairmen calls the offers derisory and they need to be double then it can't be good. I would rather them keep quiet.

To try and tap the player up perhaps?

The offer is made to the chairman and it is his job to inform the manager/player etc.. By putting in an offer Notts County chairman could have simply rejected it and simply not told Ben Davies nor his manager/agent..

How many times have players been sold behind the managers back.. Theres been stories of managers walking over this.. Martin O'Niell did this over the sale of Milner.. He never wanted him gone.

Jaap Stam was told by Manchester United that he was signing for Lazio before he had even had the option to talk to them..

It's common knowledge to use the media in an attempt to unsettle a player or turn his head.. Managers hate it and complain to the FA or media that so and so is tapping up their player.. Yet every team does it..

Wasn't so long ago Fergie was whinging and whining about Real Madrid tapping up Ronaldo yet how many times has he/they done it.

Ferrie Bodie actually wanted to join us after we publically made the offer and went to the media.. He handed in a transfer request.. No matter how low or wrong this way is it works and that is exactly why we're doing it.

well when the chairmen calls the offers derisory and they need to be double then it can't be good. I would rather them keep quiet.

Is this the first time in football history a club in a league above have put in a bid for a player that has been called "derisory"?

Would you rather Glick ring up Notts and say we want Ben Davies how much do you want? Notts reply £1m, Glick writes the cheque. You don't show your hand early, you also don't get held to ransom and pay over the odds for any player.

Unless I'm mistaken Notts don't need to sell, they are also building for promotion. Say Derby were really going for the Prem and a Prem club came in for Commons, would you like to see us roll over at the first bid or try and squeeze as much as we could out of that club?

I also forgot to mention from a money perspective..

A player who is happy playing for his club, putting in 100% every week and hasn't stated a desire to leave is worth alot more than a player whose had his head turned and has shown an interest in leaving/handed in a transfer request.

How much would clubs pay for a free-scoring Charlie Austin who has shown no desire to leave Swindon?

And now how much would clubs pay now that he's handed in a transfer request..

Archived