eBay Help

Day

Right, just tracked the item and it was signed for on the 12th

They were sent to Adrian W (won't print surname)

Printed Name: SHARON W Signature Time: 12:16:00GMT 12/01/11

In his message to me he wrote

I picked up the head phones from my local post depot today

Billy bullshitter then grrr

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would firstly call his bluff and ask why he has stated that they were collected today when infact they were signed for on the 12th. Also advise you have additional photos of the item in your possession that prove clearly that the headphones were in full working order.

Unfortunately if this doesn't go away and they insist on a refund you haven't got much comeback. If they paid via credit card linked to their paypal account they can request a chargeback from their card company.

If they paid via bank account then usually the dispute process is done through ebay rather than paypal. You need to have a read of the buyer protectionm policy http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

Either way the protection is in favour of the buyer in this particular circumstance. If I was a vindictive sort I'd look to see the buyer was also selling something and then do the same to them :D

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of, the woman replied saying she can't take any pictures as her mates trying to repair them, she also denied signing for the parcel and still claimed to have picked it up from the sorting office.

I replied saying that's quite bad of Royal Mail forging signatures and gave her the tracking number and link to the page on Royal Mail website, and....erm...not heard from her since.

No feedback or owt either.

I run a novelty gift site so i think i know what you're allowed to do and not do - i think.

If you sent it signed for, you have insurance up to around £44 (or whatever 100 times a first class stamp is now)

If you can prove what the box was (size, wall thickness etc) and you packed it appropriately, then you are entitled to a refund.

We make the recipient of the package make the claim, it's easier for us. Plus she has the box and packging. Tell her to pick up a claims form from her local P.O and you will give her the details needed (Posters name and address, proof of postage etc)

Hope that helps.

Archived