Hammers line-up O'Neill

Hucknall Ram

West Ham United are ready to sack Avram Grant and replace him with Martin O'Neill this weekend, sources have told Sky Sports.

Grant's position has been under scrutiny for weeks following West Ham's poor start to the season.

However, he looked to have seen off the threat after guiding them to just one defeat in the last seven games.

But now sources have told Sky Sports News that Grant will be sacked after Saturday's match with Arsenal - no matter what the result is.

Skysports.com has also been told that the Hammers have already met with former Villa chief O'Neill - who looks ready to step back into management at Upton Park.

O'Neill left Aston Villa at the start of the season, but now looks set to accept the challenge of keeping West Ham in the Premier League.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6663649,00.html

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strange move if true

perhaps he was hoping for the liverpool job, but WHU?

i thought they were supposed to have debt problems.

And they have seedy owners.

Even Newcastle would be better than this?

I can't see him lasting there IMO, he left villa because of the transfer situation and from what I can gather West Ham are no different.

Brilliant manager mind, without a doubt one of the best in the world in my mind anyway.

He will last about 2 seconds there...if he takes the job at all...

As for a brilliant manager, one of the best in the world....so glad you put in your mind at the end of that...because in my mind he is a very very average manager who produces really poor teams.

He will last about 2 seconds there...if he takes the job at all...

As for a brilliant manager, one of the best in the world....so glad you put in your mind at the end of that...because in my mind he is a very very average manager who produces really poor teams.

is there any manager that you think is good? not that I'm disagreeing about O'Neill

didn't say I agree either, O'Neill is an ok manager imo, not great but not rubbish either.

Care to mention any?

If you don't disagree, then by default you agree.

good managers...there are millions..the best manager in my time watching the Rams was King Arthur, the best non Rams manager has obviously been Ferguson.

If you don't disagree, then by default you agree.

good managers...there are millions..the best manager in my time watching the Rams was King Arthur, the best non Rams manager has obviously been Ferguson.

I agree with some of your points on O'Neill, I disagree with others. As such I don't agree or disagree with your opinion on O'Neill.

Good...because he is rubbish..

and yes...millions....

but not...allardyce....good ol arry...o neil...or controvertially....Burley.

Rubbish??? O'neill did a brilliant job with leicester,and had continual top 6 finishes with villa.look at what theyre doing this season without him.

you really do talk cr@p.

the same could be said of Rafa Benitez and Liverpool but you chose to go down the route of Rafa left a mess in that case.

im not as clued up on the misfortunes of liverpool as yourself,but benitez appeared to leave a mess in my opinion.Oneill didnt leave a mess apart from leaving just before the season started.

West ham have declared that Grant is to be retained as manager.This is after o;neill has turned them down.The owners have made a colossal mess of the situation.I really hope they go down,thats what they deserve and it would wipe the smug grin of karren bradys face.

Archived