clough's second anniversary today

Leeds Ram

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleased so far, club is on a sound footing all thanks to him and we're improving year on year.

Include that to playing fantastic football, the likes of which haven't been seen at PP since Jim Smith, and i'd say anyone who was unhappy with him would be a fool :rolleyes:

Very pleased so far, club is on a sound footing all thanks to him and we're improving year on year.

Include that to playing fantastic football, the likes of which haven't been seen at PP since Jim Smith, and i'd say anyone who was unhappy with him would be a fool :rolleyes:

this. Clough has been excellent so far, people are forgetting that he reduced the wage bill massively while still achieving year on year improvment, including this year so far. keep it up

You look at the problems Clough had when he took the job, where we are now and how the side is improving year on year, and i'd say we're in a pretty good state currently.

I would say it is pretty precarious, if commons goes and bueno is going to go back we could have serious problems, porter doesn't look like the player he once was at all

with all due respect if we did much worse then we would ahve been relegated, last season was a disgrace, this season we are playing good football but it could easily fall apart if we aren't careful.

Do you remember the injuries last season? Clough did a hell of a job getting us to finish where we did with all those disruptions.

he did, but our position was inflated by 4 places because last day of the season we played cardiff reserves which no-one else had done, last season was shocking tbh, the way we played football and the results

Are you going to ignore the injuries then?

If we lose Commons this season, things are supposedly looking dodgy for us.

Last season we had 14 players out at times, we were playing unfit players and players who were totally off form because we had to.

It was damage limitations last season, and we managed our third best finish in ten years.

For gods sake give the man some credit YR :cool:

Clough has had a hard job to do at a club with huge financial constraints and has undoubtedly made some mistakes, but, on the whole, he's done better than most would have done in the circumstances.

I am happy for him to continue building here but he needs some backing from the board.

He's proved he can be trusted with DCFC's money. Its time for the board to earn his trust by allowing him to compete in the transfer market.

I can't think of another manager who is strong enough to have kept this club together with zero outlay and cutting the wage bill so dramatically.

Managers whose only concern is their own C.V. would have walked long ago whinging and crying to the press.

The man has got a pair alright and will come good.

Alex I am sorry but yes he managed to keep us up, however I wouldn't call it a good season, our recent history has been dire, it ahs been seasons of struggle and crap, personally I think people overate the man but that is jsut my opinion.

16 players out at one point.

It was an absolutely amazing acheivment to finish 14th. It wasn't a great season to watch, but it was a brilliant acheivment.

Archived