Derby County P-P Doncaster Rovers

Day

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More postponed game frolics:

Drove from Sussex to see Rams play. 15 mins after I left home, mate from Derby called there to say the match had been called off. It was before mobile phones. Got to Derby, stopped at garage rang mate to finally learn game was off. Car would not re-start. Had to wait 4 hours for repair.

:mad:

I assume all the power was off to the west stand. Generators can provide a temporary solution to loss of power, but they need to be of sufficient size (kVA) output to run large loads, i.e all the floods and heating, power, corporate lighting, cooking, etc.

Plus it was Christmas/boxing day the problem was found. Hire companies would be shut.

If they had there own, it my have failed. I've been places at work where massive national headquarters Generators have failed. One was a utility providers billing computer room. It cost them millions for every hour it was down.

Anyway, as you were.

Bloody annoying, whats more annoying is tthat this game will now be played on a bloody tuesday night.

Is that deffo? we may play it on a spare facup week end. But I fear you are right, it'll be a tuesday, easier to arrange.

But, we could have new faces, or an in form Davies and the Tank could be back aswell.

If the problem was discoverd on Christmas day why didnt the club let us know something was amiss and the game could have been off.

From hte statements they discoverd the fault 9am on Xmas day

On Boxing day they tried to power up and couldn't - I tihkn it said around lunchtime. Why not do the tests earlier to give more time to fix any problems.

Had they done the test earlier and put a warning out, or put a waring our that the game was possibly in doubt on Christmas Day, people could have delayed setting off and not been in the situation many found themselves in.

I myself travelled 250 round trip for feck all. I did the trip in two stages and the second stage was retford to Derby which I would have left until 1:30 or maybe a bit later to set off had I known there could be problems.

If the problem was discoverd on Christmas day why didnt the club let us know something was amiss and the game could have been off.

From hte statements they discoverd the fault 9am on Xmas day

On Boxing day they tried to power up and couldn't - I tihkn it said around lunchtime. Why not do the tests earlier to give more time to fix any problems.

Had they done the test earlier and put a warning out, or put a waring our that the game was possibly in doubt on Christmas Day, people could have delayed setting off and not been in the situation many found themselves in.

I myself travelled 250 round trip for feck all. I did the trip in two stages and the second stage was retford to Derby which I would have left until 1:30 or maybe a bit later to set off had I known there could be problems.

My point exactly.

Well, I think they may have tried it, and it could have failed. Maybe they ran it for 2 hours previously.

They would've had to take a risk in it not failing on match day. Isn't there big fines for this sort of things?

Plus, I don't think Clough's that bothered about the delay. We could have some new players bought or back from injury by then.

Well, I think they may have tried it, and it could have failed. Maybe they ran it for 2 hours previously.

They would've had to take a risk in it not failing on match day. Isn't there big fines for this sort of things?

Plus, I don't think Clough's that bothered about the delay. We could have some new players bought or back from injury by then.

Maybe it was welcomed by Clough :rolleyes: and it couldn't be helped ;) therefore my criticism of Tom Glib and The Yanks being tight with the size of generator is wide of the mark, and it was a tactical piece of genius ;):D

Archived