Davies Given All-Clear To Step Up Training

Day

Derby County's Steven Davies has been given the all-clear to step up his return to fitness.

The 22-year-old striker suffered a cruciate ligament injury during pre-season training in July.

It was a cruel blow for Davies, who had returned to training three weeks early to get himself in shape for the new season.

After a check-up yesterday he was given the thumbs-up to increase his workload and he will train with Derby coach Johnny Metgod on a one-to-one basis over the next few days.

Should he suffer no reaction, he is expected to resume training with the first-team squad on Friday.

Manager Nigel Clough said: "It is a major boost for Steven and the next step forwards for him.

"We can't wait to have him, as well as Miles Addison, Jake Buxton and Russell Anderson back with us in the near future."

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2244594,00.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally,i think it's great news.Not just Davies,but the others too.Addison,Anderson and Buxton are a boost whatever you may think of any of them.

Lets get them playing for their places and not have them expecting to play.

As for Davies , he's a descent player,lets give him a chance,i'm sure he doesn't want to be injured all the time.

I can just imagine Buxton being our central defensive playmaker. He's one of Clough's favourites so he'll probably come straight back in as well!

I like Davies but I am as frustrated as the next fan over his injury record. I genuinely believe that with a fit season behind him, he can be a real threat for us.

Lets hope this is the end of his nightmare.

well if it isnt the end of his nightmare it will be the end of our waiting for him to get fit. His contract is up in hte summer and if he cant stay fit for the rest of the season he will probably be released.

He needs to have a great second half of the season as much as we want/need him to, in order to save his career.

Derby County's Steven Davies has been given the all-clear to step up his return to fitness.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2244594,00.html

I love the fact that even the official site has to clarify that he's "Derby County's" Steve Davies. He's been out long enough for some people at the club to get him muddled up with a snooker player.

I love the fact that even the official site has to clarify that he's "Derby County's" Steve Davies. He's been out long enough for some people at the club to get him muddled up with a snooker player.

The similarities don't end there. Both are very capable of long "breaks"....

I'll get me coat.

Archived