Derby County mull over new Frank Fielding deal

Day

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we assume that portugalram is not just making it up for the sake of wumming, then he has probably been told summart but does'nt want to betray a confidence. It happens.

Sorry for being reasonable, as you were............:)

I saw you PM-ing him Mr Uttox ;)

I do genuienly think hes been told something but I think that something is a lie from the person who told it to him.

If we assume that portugalram is not just making it up for the sake of wumming, then he has probably been told summart but does'nt want to betray a confidence. It happens.

Sorry for being reasonable, as you were............:)

A wums assistant eh?:rolleyes:

A wums assistant eh?:rolleyes:

Ha! The forces of darkness conspire methinks.

Is this an Alex-Boycie coalition?

Look, I have no idea of a possible take over/sellout or whatever.

I also have no idea of Porto's credentials/hidden agenda/insanity. All I do know is...keep to the paths...stay off the moors...

I agree that its pointless posting summart then saying you can't reveal your source.

If in doubt, burn him!

If you’re told something in confidence but then go ahead and blab about it in a public footie forum then you deserve everything you get. You’re a very poor friend, or being manipulated, or just plain stupid.

Even if what you blab about turns out to be true (which it rarely ever does) it’s still wummery if you don’t reveal your source.

However, context is all I suppose. There are some posters I might give the benefit of the doubt to. They tend to be people who, for various reasons, value their reputations on the forum. Portugal isn’t one of them

Even if what you blab about turns out to be true (which it rarely ever does) it’s still wummery if you don’t reveal your source.

That's not true, if you have information but by exposing it the person who told you may never tell you again then you don't name your source.

Add to that they themselves may be pulled out of the loop if others learn that the leaks are coming from them.

That's not true, if you have information but by exposing it the person who told you may never tell you again then you don't name your source.

Add to that they themselves may be pulled out of the loop if others learn that the leaks are coming from them.

Has this happened to you? If so then lets’s start to list all the good and reasonable questions that can’t be asked by other posters.

Who told you the information? Is that person in a position to actually know what they’re talking about? Why were you told? Was the expectation that you blab about it on a public forum? Why would they want you to do that? (etc)

Tell yourself whatever makes you happy. But if you can’t debate the legitimacy of the source then it’s wummery.

Has this happened to you? If so then lets’s start to list all the good and reasonable questions that can’t be asked by other posters.

Who told you the information? Is that person in a position to actually know what they’re talking about? Why were you told? Was the expectation that you blab about it on a public forum? Why would they want you to do that? (etc)

Tell yourself whatever makes you happy. But if you can’t debate the legitimacy of the source then it’s wummery.

Yes, i've had this argument on here and the DET.

I can answer all those questions in regard to the source I had. (Not that this is about me, but please, humour me for a second)

Who told you the information? Someone significant at the club.

Is that person in a position to actually know what they’re talking about? Of course.

Why were you told? I know this person well after a random meeting.

Was the expectation that you blab about it on a public forum? As long as no names are mentioned, and I choose what I decide to mention, then i've been told it's fine.

Why would they want you to do that? Not that they want me to do it, but it's that I mentioned I might want to and they deemed it ok.

You can debate to a point, and then choose whether to believe it or not. I will never name a source unless it's obvious or meaningless. If everyone named their sources, no-one at any club other than the Chairman and the manager would know anything.

I can reveal Portugalram's source....It was me, on another thread, which got out of hand and eother got pulled or locked can't remember. Well Portugal then was going on about how he had heard about this rumour from the person who I had heard was in to buy the club!

Oh and it is supposed to be around xmas before the window opens. So if it hasn't happened (which I doubted at the time) in the next couple of weeks, it will not, hopefully, happen!

There's no room for any real debate in your answers here. Not up to any point.

If you think you’ve provided acceptable answers to any of those reasonable questions then you’re deluded. This is just wummery.

In your world, no-one would ever know anything from inside the club.

In your world, no-one would ever know anything from inside the club.

My mate who works at PP says that Robbie Savage posts on this forum to wind up the nuggets. He told me his userid but I can’t say who it is. Sorry, it would be a breach of confidence.

My contact in the club says that NC is unhappy with the way the contract negotiations with Commons are going and he is going to offer his resignation if Commons isn’t signed up for three years. But I can’t say anything more, sorry, if I did then it would be a breach of confidence.

The quality of inside information I can generate from unnamed sources in “my world†looks to be just as good and just as useful as you get from “your worldâ€.

That's not the point.

The point is that the information can be valued by the person who is telling it you on the forum, and you use common sense.

If a poster like e.g. davenportram said something like that and that he said that it was on a confidential basis, then i'd be more inclined to believe it.

If someone joined the forum just to say a wild rumour, I will almost immediately rule it out as rubbish.

Use common sense with these things and you can judge yourself whether you think what is being said to you is true or not. You don't need the sources name to do this.

That's not the point.

The point is that the information can be valued by the person who is telling it you on the forum, and you use common sense.

If a poster like e.g. davenportram said something like that and that he said that it was on a confidential basis, then i'd be more inclined to believe it.

If someone joined the forum just to say a wild rumour, I will almost immediately rule it out as rubbish.

Use common sense with these things and you can judge yourself whether you think what is being said to you is true or not. You don't need the sources name to do this.

FFS, do you actually bother to read anyone else’s posts. You’re basically just repeating what I said.

OK, I’ll copy what I said word for word (almost)...

“However, context is all I suppose. There are some posters I might give the benefit of the doubt to. They tend to be people who, for various reasons, value their reputations on the forum. Portugal isn’t one of them...and neither is Alex W.â€

I can reveal Portugalram's source....It was me, on another thread, which got out of hand and eother got pulled or locked can't remember. Well Portugal then was going on about how he had heard about this rumour from the person who I had heard was in to buy the club!

Oh and it is supposed to be around xmas before the window opens. So if it hasn't happened (which I doubted at the time) in the next couple of weeks, it will not, hopefully, happen!

Yes in your dreams mate:D

FFS, do you actually bother to read anyone else’s posts. You’re basically just repeating what I said.

OK, I’ll copy what I said word for word (almost)...

“However, context is all I suppose. There are some posters I might give the benefit of the doubt to. They tend to be people who, for various reasons, value their reputations on the forum. Portugal isn’t one of them...and neither is Alex W.â€

I think you need to get a grip darling;) you seem to get easily wind up. Alex has an opinion aswell....

Archived