Ratings v Norwich

Wilko

Come on, we can just about bear to do them

Fielding - 7 - Some top saves, massively unlucky for the first goal. Can't we at least try and get him back for the second half of the season?

Brayford - 6 - Didn't get down the flank today, at all. Can only assume Nige had told him not to, but we massively missed his runs today

Barker - 6 - Solid enough when he needed to be

Leacock - 5 - Not impressed with Deano today, too slow on the ball and the miscommunication between him and Barks for their second was horrific

Roberts - 2 - Kenny Miller-standard performance. Absolutely terrible. How the hell did he get the nod over Moxey? Deano's been far and away the most improved player this year, has looked consistently solid and dangerous on the flank, Roberts replaces him for one match through injury, performs poorly and gets sent off, then keeps his place once his suspension is up? Terrible decision from Nige.

Sav - 5 - Too many mistakes from Sav today, but looked like one of the only lads looking to get us going again. Lost the ball a lot, but with two men trying to mark him out the game and the midfield ahead of him giving him absolutely zero support, you can't blame him.

Bailey - 5 - Mostly anonymous, but did what he normally does when he could

Cywka - 6 - Barely in the match, but when he was he was lively and running at full-backs, something we missed.

Green - 3 - I think I'm alone here, but I thought Green was terrible today. Missed two absolute sitters (that must be 7 or 8 sitters he's missed at home this season) and I don't think he completed one forward pass. Lost the ball too often, even when not under pressure.

Commons - 8 - Ran all game, and desperately tried to make something happen throughout the 90 minutes. Excellent finish for the goal

Moore - 4 - He's scored a couple of goals, but I'm unconvinced by him. Kuqi would have been a better option against their centre-halves today. Won about two headers all day, and for Clough to come on and say he had a good game defies belief.

Subs:

Porter - Came on far too late

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on, we can just about bear to do them

Fielding - 7 - Some top saves, massively unlucky for the first goal. Can't we at least try and get him back for the second half of the season?

Brayford - 6 - Didn't get down the flank today, at all. Can only assume Nige had told him not to, but we massively missed his runs today

Barker - 6 - Solid enough when he needed to be

Leacock - 5 - Not impressed with Deano today, too slow on the ball and the miscommunication between him and Barks for their second was horrific

Roberts - 2 - Kenny Miller-standard performance. Absolutely terrible. How the hell did he get the nod over Moxey? Deano's been far and away the most improved player this year, has looked consistently solid and dangerous on the flank, Roberts replaces him for one match through injury, performs poorly and gets sent off, then keeps his place once his suspension is up? Terrible decision from Nige.

Sav - 5 - Too many mistakes from Sav today, but looked like one of the only lads looking to get us going again. Lost the ball a lot, but with two men trying to mark him out the game and the midfield ahead of him giving him absolutely zero support, you can't blame him.

Bailey - 5 - Mostly anonymous, but did what he normally does when he could

Cywka - 6 - Barely in the match, but when he was he was lively and running at full-backs, something we missed.

Green - 3 - I think I'm alone here, but I thought Green was terrible today. Missed two absolute sitters (that must be 7 or 8 sitters he's missed at home this season) and I don't think he completed one forward pass. Lost the ball too often, even when not under pressure.

Commons - 8 - Ran all game, and desperately tried to make something happen throughout the 90 minutes. Excellent finish for the goal

Moore - 4 - He's scored a couple of goals, but I'm unconvinced by him. Kuqi would have been a better option against their centre-halves today. Won about two headers all day, and for Clough to come on and say he had a good game defies belief.

Subs:

Porter - Came on far too late

Absolutely spot on that mate! My thoughts exactly, couldn't have put it better! :)

Agree everything apart from fielding and Moore.

Fielding - I do have to look at the reply, but from where am sitting it may be seen as error for there 1st goal, his kicking was terrible, as for top saves, can't remember him having to do much.

Moore - thought he did well, held the ball up well, while waiting for the three overlap. 2nd half the fact we was losing the match in midfield he was always going look like he wasn't in the game.

Fielding - 6 - off day, mistake for the first goal, distribution much poorer than usual.

Brayford - 5 - have never seen him give the ball away so much. Missed his marauding, though this may have been the manager's direction after we were cut apart at will for the first 10 minutes.

Barker - 6 - good in the air, slow on the ground and was turned a few times today

Leacock - 6 - after a shaky start grew into the game and was the best defender

Roberts - 4 - really off the pace, looks totally lacking in confidence. Strangely in the last 10 minutes he looked our most likely source of an assist.

Bailey - 5 - like Brayford, wasn't his day today

Savage - 6 - Tried his hardest to get the team going, to not much avail

Cywka - 6 - flitted in and out, worked hard as usual but a peripheral figure

Green - 6 - same really, didn't have his shooting boots on today though one wonderful curler having cut past his defender deserved a goal

Commons - 9 - best player on the park by a mile. I'm panicking at the prospect of him leaving on a free and Bueno going back as well

Moore - 4 - can't see what Clough sees in him. Can't hold the ball up, doesn't make the runs the three behind him need, won little in the air, spends far too much time standing still

Overall, didn't really deserve much from today, Norwich did a good job, played some very neat football, had good width and, unlike us, had a forward who made a nuisance of himself. Their relentless time wasting from the 10th minute on though was infuriating.

We huffed and puffed plenty, but when Commo lashed that shot wide towards the end you knew it wasn't to be our day.

Fielding - 5. Distribution was as poor as Bywater; difficult to justify placing him above Le Artisste with performances like this.

Brayford - 5.5. One of many players who wasn't his usual self. Effort was there though.

Leacock - 7. I thought Deano had a comparitively decent game today. Well, compared to....

Barker - 5. Ooft. He's dodgy at the minute.

Roberts - WHY OH WHY OH WHY? I spose I'd better give him a 1. That flatters him.

Savage - 4. Only 4 times better than Roberts - very poor performance, kept losing the ball, all the time.

Bailey - 6. Better than his Burnley performance.

Cywka - 6. That's a six for effort, rather than performance. You can't fault his effort, but fatigue and inexperience has affected him recently it would seem.

Green - 5. Tempted to give him a 4, but he was involved in some way in most of our chances, so he obviously did something right.

Commons - 9. MOTM, of course. Maybe even performance of the season from a Derby player. Instrumental in so much today, very impressive performance. May well be his best performance in a Derby shirt.

Moore - 5. For crying out loud Derby, play it in to this guy's feet. He if infinitely better than Kuqi on the ball. If you're going to lump it up to our Centre Forward, then you might be better off having Kuqi. But this guy has so much more to offer, and he showed it in flashes today, and grabbed an assist.

All ratings were relative - last season, this would have been a good performance.

I'll not give ratings as i only watched the stream but.....

whilst we played reasonably well in patches we seem to have lost something...i suppose 3 defeats in 4 affects confidence.

Leacock and Barker havent provided the solid rock we hoped for.

we've conceded 8 goals in 4 games now

we cant rely on scoring 3 goals every game

i find them unconvincing at the mo. Epitomised by the first goal at Leicester.

Maybe there has been too much chopping and changing of the fullbacks and this has been disruptive.

Roberts - sorry but I never wanted him.

Moore - i tend to agree with those posters that are unconvinced.

Playing up front alone is incedibly hard but good strikers are immediately obvious.

Great performance by Commons but I fear that there wont be any more after January.Hopefully I'm wrong on that score.

Fielding - 5. Distribution was as poor as Bywater; difficult to justify placing him above Le Artisste with performances like this.

Brayford - 5.5. One of many players who wasn't his usual self. Effort was there though.

Leacock - 7. I thought Deano had a comparitively decent game today. Well, compared to....

Barker - 5. Ooft. He's dodgy at the minute.

Roberts - WHY OH WHY OH WHY? I spose I'd better give him a 1. That flatters him.

Savage - 4. Only 4 times better than Roberts - very poor performance, kept losing the ball, all the time.

Bailey - 6. Better than his Burnley performance.

Cywka - 6. That's a six for effort, rather than performance. You can't fault his effort, but fatigue and inexperience has affected him recently it would seem.

Green - 5. Tempted to give him a 4, but he was involved in some way in most of our chances, so he obviously did something right.

Commons - 9. MOTM, of course. Maybe even performance of the season from a Derby player. Instrumental in so much today, very impressive performance. May well be his best performance in a Derby shirt.

Moore - 5. For crying out loud Derby, play it in to this guy's feet. He if infinitely better than Kuqi on the ball. If you're going to lump it up to our Centre Forward, then you might be better off having Kuqi. But this guy has so much more to offer, and he showed it in flashes today, and grabbed an assist.

All ratings were relative - last season, this would have been a good performance.

I reract my original comment, Fielding was average.

But I wouldn't say Commons was THAT good.

I should add that the players worked hard today, but something was missing, and at least there wasn't any booing other than for the joke of a referee.

I wonder whether the pitch had an affect on our passing - having been covered for the last few days plus the rain meant it looked soggy. A lot of our passes came up short and you could see the water coming off the surface.

Most people around me thought we deserved a point so maybe I'm being too miserable!! :D

But I wouldn't say Commons was THAT good.

Well, why not?

If he played like that in a 5-0 thrashing we'd be hailing him. He was sublime despite the rest of the team being way below par.

I was really, really impressed by him today. A huge positive from today's defeat.

Well, why not?

If he played like that in a 5-0 thrashing we'd be hailing him. He was sublime despite the rest of the team being way below par.

I was really, really impressed by him today. A huge positive from today's defeat.

Agree entirely - looked worth every penny of that £15,000 a week ;)

I heard Tom Glick on the radio saying AGAIN that Derby wanted him to stay and AGAIN that KC wanted to stay. So I'll say, AGAIN: Get that blinking contract sorted!!!

Well, why not?

A good game yes.

But if it was his best ever, he would have certainly done a lot kore on the attacking front.

I'm not saying I thought he had a bad game, I just don't think it was excellent.

Having said that, I'm still a bit angry from the game :p haha

A good game yes.

But if it was his best ever, he would have certainly done a lot kore on the attacking front.

I'm not saying I thought he had a bad game, I just don't think it was excellent.

Having said that, I'm still a bit angry from the game :p haha

Angry at what the fact that we made a sub far too late. Or the fact that for the 80 minutes we were playing like we were the ones winning lumping it anywhere other than our box. What gets me is why can't nige/coaching staff see what we see were not in the game nothings going for us and make a double sub say with 30-20 minutes left so the subs can get into the game.

For me I'd of took sav of for pringle/pearo and crap old Roberts for porter and gone for a 3-1-4-2 with bailey sittin and ruddy go for it.

We need a plan B Norwich did well hastling us and the passing game couldn't start which is wat made it so easy for them.

fielding - 5

brayford - 5

barker - 6

leacock - 6

roberts - 4.5

savage - 6

bailey - 4.5

cywka - 6

green - 6

commons - 7

moore - 4

Why not kuqi?????? better then moore in every way. determined and hard working. not playing him may have been the biggest mistake cloughie made over the past week. commons was the worst for 10 -20 min but by far the best on the pitch overall. I dont think leacock did to bad but he isnt goin to score goals when he is a defender. roberts was shocking. Have to say the reff played a big part in this.

Why not kuqi?????? better then moore in every way. .

Have you seen Kuqi's passing compared to Moore's?

Moore fits our system better. We just don't play it to his feet anywhere near enough for some reason.

How many times has Kuqi failed to find the right player?

While Moore is better than Kuqi with the ball at his feet i think Kuqi suits the system better.

Kuqi is a far better player off the ball. Moore is a player who suits 2 up front. He borders on lazy at times. I don't think he's lazy but he's a selfish striker (like great strikers tend to be). He wants service and he wants to score goals.

When kuqi plays he gives us the option to go long with a bit more success. Moore doesn't. He's a tireless runner. Whether that's dragging defenders out of position or applying pressure to defenders with the ball. Another thing that Moore doesn't do very often.

The most impressive thing about Kuqi is he's selfless. Looks to work for the good of the midfield behind him. Moore works for himself. Not knocking him for being selfish. And he's better than Kuqi with half a yard of space. But this system works better with a different sort of striker from Moore.

But if he works hard and is coached well he could turn out to be great for us.

Our best football has been played without Moore. Whether it was with Kuqi upfront or how we started vs Watford with Cywka, Bueno, Green AND Commons.

Archived