Referee's Strike

Fredbear73

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scottish Refs have had enough and are going on strike......i must admit i wondered what would bring this to a head.....apparantly theyre the target of some grim stuff from fans whipped up by the clubs money men.

Is it likely down here i wonder.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9214212.stm

No because the big clubs always have things going their way. The small clubs are always the clubs paying for the mistakes of referees.

"And Celtic striker Gary Hooper caused a storm when he said the thought referees "want" to give decisions against his team because they are one of the world's big clubs."

The only thing people want to give Celtic is the great plague Gary. But Celtic are certainly one of the biggest clubs in the world. I know they make a huge impression on everyone outside of Scotland.

I can only imagine how big they might seem when they play in the SPL at Aberdeen and so on with attendances of 8,000 all baying for blood.

Try not to speak Mr Hooper, i know Ssausagehorpe to Celtic must feel like a big step but i'd imagine when your playing in the Europe against Porto, Besiktas, Zenit, Spartak, Anderlecht and Shaktar you might come to realise just how far from being one of the biggest clubs you are. Now good luck to you against Inverness or whoever your playing next. I hope referees are fair to Celtic and you can just sneak a point or three. Being one of the biggest clubs in the world i'm sure you'll have the quality to see off Partick Thistle or whatever.

check this bad boy out surely its a throw in for miller???? no wonder they get ****

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9214099.stm

To be fair, referees are very confused beings. They should probably rounded up and shot.

Instead of protecting referees that sort of decision should have serious consequences. Until they stop being treated like some elite protected society then they will continue to enjoy the power they wield. I think some of them actually have to do a crafty one in the toilets at HT at the thought of 30,000 people waiting on their every decision.

.....well, 5,000 in Scottish PL football.

Wanna make yourself laugh. Read down the attendances in this weeks SPL games.

Only problem is if there are no referees, then there would be no footie. Celtic as a club have worked their fans up to a frenzy talking of conspiracy theories. To be honest with you Lennon should be run outta the country. It would be better for scottish football, if they F$%@ed off to which ever league will let them in. Hopefully Austrailia.

"And Celtic striker Gary Hooper caused a storm when he said the thought referees "want" to give decisions against his team because they are one of the world's big clubs."

The only thing people want to give Celtic is the great plague Gary. But Celtic are certainly one of the biggest clubs in the world. I know they make a huge impression on everyone outside of Scotland.

I can only imagine how big they might seem when they play in the SPL at Aberdeen and so on with attendances of 8,000 all baying for blood.

Try not to speak Mr Hooper, i know Ssausagehorpe to Celtic must feel like a big step but i'd imagine when your playing in the Europe against Porto, Besiktas, Zenit, Spartak, Anderlecht and Shaktar you might come to realise just how far from being one of the biggest clubs you are. Now good luck to you against Inverness or whoever your playing next. I hope referees are fair to Celtic and you can just sneak a point or three. Being one of the biggest clubs in the world i'm sure you'll have the quality to see off Partick Thistle or whatever.

Now, now, behave!

I know they've not got the quality but Celtic is a very big club indeed.

It must be where I live, but down here in Kettering, you see Rangers and Celtic shirts more than anyone other than the EPL's "big 4".

We all moan about refs. I'm the worst one I know for being convinced that the refs have a meeting every year to confirm that Derby are the team to be cheated this year, but the jocks are different class.

Its all down to the sectarian ***** once again.

The refs and their families get threats from their own communities depending on the religion they were born into.

Its nowt to do with football really. Just bitter, twisted bigots who have probably forgotten the reason their parents told them to hate each oher in the first place.

Obviously when it comes to refereeing, there's never some massive conspiracy to defraud one particular club or to grind out one particular result (though the latter has been shaken by Attwell's "performance" in our infamous match).

The real problem is that the standards of refereeing and officiating in general across England and Scotland is diabolical. Some international referees aren't much better, but the majority make ours look amateur (well, even more so).

The fact that Stuart Attwell's Wikipedia page is dedicated to the controversies he has piled up over the last three years is testament to this. There are only a few decent refs left, Howard Webb is one of them. Not intimidated by the big teams and players and uses common sense rather than awarding needless freekicks for minor offences.

The standard of refereeing across Europe (particularly in England and Scotland) seriously needs looking at. Noone expects a referee to make 100% of decisions right, that's all part of football at the end of the day. But at the moment, the standard of refereeing is at such a poor, poor level that results are being affected by wrong decisions, and that is unacceptable.

The whole "Respect" campaign should have been aimed 100% at grassroots level, not at the top level. Those refs who take charge of games at the Rec on a cold Sunday morning and suffer abuse from idiotic parents deserve the respect. Not the professional "referees" who swagger around a football pitch with the same breathtaking arrogance attributed to your stereotypical Premier League footballer. The "Respect" campaign is/was essentially a shield which referees use to hide behind when they get the basics wrong.

check this bad boy out surely its a throw in for miller???? no wonder they get ****

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9214099.stm

Sorry derydan the ball hits the assistant referees leg and doesn't go out of play, the assistant didn't flag, Miller kicked the ball out therefore a throw-in the other way.

Probably a bit much to expect a professional footballer to know the laws of the game.

Sorry derydan the ball hits the assistant referees leg and doesn't go out of play, the assistant didn't flag, Miller kicked the ball out therefore a throw-in the other way.

Probably a bit much to expect a professional footballer to know the laws of the game.

agreed with you, ball never left the pitch, and then kenny miller kicked it out

im not sure refs are any worse than they have ever been, just now every game is recorded by telly cameras so all mistakes can be reviewed at leisure.

why a system to use cameras isnt in use baffles me, no reason why it couldnt happen, practicy every professional ground has them, so mistakes could be limited

Your right, but this is the thing.

The Linesman is technically off the pitch? So there could be some argument as to whether the ball crossed the line?

But apart from that, if Miller had of carried on and scored, there would of been as many complaints from the other side. Why do referees get themselves into these situation. I know rules are rules, but if he'd of given Miller the throw then no one would of complained. Common sense would of over-ridden the rules yes, but nobody would be making an issue out of it. If he'd of given the throw-in neither side would of complained. As he decided to ignore common sense then he decided that there would be controversy. Imagine if Miller carried on and scored.

Just my opinion. Refs don't help themselves.

Archived