Making Plans For Nigel

sage

Radio Derby asked NC after today's game has he got any more young players from lower leagues to bring in the January window.

NC said he thought we had enough young players with potential and now we should be looking at established players.

It came across as a convoluted question over the radio, almost as if Radio Derby had been asked to ask him the question...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard that, and thought exactly the same as you.

Do you think he's defending the signing of 29-year old Ben Davies in advance?

Or he is doing a Billy and pressing the board for money. He did say after the Pompey game, that we wouldn't buy anyone in January unless we sold Hulse.

I'm not going to try to second-guess Nigel Clough. Basically, my happy-clapping blind-faithedness as far as the manager is concerned is fully restored (it perhaps wavered a little a few weeks ago, but only a bit). The man can do no wrong in my eyes.

For the most part, the players he has brought in have been remarkable successes, and I don't see any reason to suspect that his golden touch is about to desert him in the near future.

Onward and upward.

Or he is doing a Billy and pressing the board for money. He did say after the Pompey game, that we wouldn't buy anyone in January unless we sold Hulse.

Possibly, although he stressed the need for the injured more experienced players to return, but the way I interpreted it, it could easily have sounded like 'if Davies, Addison and co.' do not get back soon we will need people bringing in. Look at where we are now with injuries, suspensions and loans coming to an end; December and January will be a critical time.

This team is making for exciting times though!

I meant Varney not Hulse. I don't think we will go for Davies, now we have Bueno.

I'd like to see us sign Bueno and Fielding, wouldn't mind Moore on a permanent basis as we still lack speed upfront, well I suppose on a permanent basis we lack upfront, we still don't have an out and out striker.

It depends on how the board want to play it in January, I believe if they wanted they could chuck 5million into the team and not feel the pinch, but again if Clough has done it on pittance then why give him more than he needs? which seems like a backhanded way to look at things, personally I believe we do need to invest into the team, but I would only look to bring 1-2 players as long as they were of quality, bringing in Le Fondre and Ben Davies in my opinion would be ample but certainly a new striker at least is a must. If we do end up getting promotion at the end of the season, then we would need to invest in much better players than currently available to us at the minute, we would need at least 8-9 players coming in of genuine premier league ability to stay in that division (where have we heard this before) :rolleyes:

Radio Derby asked NC after today's game has he got any more young players from lower leagues to bring in the January window.

NC said he thought we had enough young players with potential and now we should be looking at established players.

It came across as a convoluted question over the radio, almost as if Radio Derby had been asked to ask him the question...

The question put to him was about his satisfaction in succesfully bringing in lower league players. Nigel seemed to side step this opportunity to brag about how well he was doing and simply said that we've enough young players with potential coming through and enough young players from lower league clubs

He went on to say that what we need are established players to come in and supplement these young players. That we already have these players and we need them back fit asap (he named Porter and Davies).

My reading of the runes was not to expect any significant new signings in January.

The question put to him was about his satisfaction in succesfully bringing in lower league players. Nigel seemed to side step this opportunity to brag about how well he was doing and simply said that we've enough young players with potential coming through and enough young players from lower league clubs

He went on to say that what we need are established players to come in and supplement these young players. That we already have these players and we need them back fit asap (he named Porter and Davies).

My reading of the runes was not to expect any significant new signings in January.

absolutely correct......some people see subtexts, shadows and conspiracies everywhere.

i thought he said ' blessed are the cheesemakers'.

I heard the interview and took it as

We have the right amount of youth and experience in the squad, we just need the established players to be fit.

Dont forget as and when injuries are sorted and palyers are fully fit and can be counted on we have

Anderson

Addison

Porter

Davies

Pearson

Buxton

to come back into the first team squad without spending a single penny in the Janauary Transfer window. Do we really need to be going out and spending in January at all?

We have the right amount of youth and experience in the squad, we just need the established players to be fit.

Dont forget as and when injuries are sorted and palyers are fully fit and can be counted on we have

Anderson

Addison

Porter

Davies

Pearson

Buxton

to come back into the first team squad without spending a single penny in the Janauary Transfer window. Do we really need to be going out and spending in January at all?

No, but we will never have an injury free squad. If we were to make 1 signing, i would love it to be a CF

Anderson

Addison

Porter

Davies

Pearson

Buxton

I dont think we need to spend that much in Jan window,maybe try and get Kuqi in and maybe Moore add the lad from Notts county(forgot his name Ben something) wish we could get Fielding for about £1 million as he wants to play and is hungry for it and i have never liked bywater(just his Manc Atitude) would rather have Fieldinga as he has done a great job and looks the part.

Wish we could get rid of the sick note that is Davies & Porter as they are another Mr & Mrs pair that dont fit into the team at the moment either.

The only one I rate out of that list you put up is Addison as he is England material and yer can see it. Anderson Pearson and Buxton dont rate(yes i know Pearson got us the goal at wembley), but he does not fit in for me in this great team we have now.

Just my humble opinion:frown:

whether the fans want us to spend or not, NC says he doesnt expect to,

a top class striker would be great...as would Bueno but i'm not holding my breath.

other than that.....i think we could wait to see what division we're in next year.

Archived