Call of Duty: Black Ops

Day

I've got all the pro perks I use now, my main perk set is Scav Pro, SoH Pro and Marathon Pro, can't be arsed to go for the rest.

It's making me wonder if I want to prestige now, I'm at Rank 44 and just got all the pro perks, 6 levels and I'd be back to square one. On MW2 I liked to have M/L/C, Noobtoob and Danger Close and Sniper classes ready if needed, with this game being so balanced I'm not sure I need the extra classes.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see me prestiging.

First time I won't have done that on CoD. Went all the way on CoD4, prestiged twice on W@W and probably the same again on MW2.

This time around I just can't really be @r$ed.

I always go for coldblooded/ghost as it's incredibly handy to be invisible to enemy aircraft. I don't pawrticularly play a stealthy game, but still, it's handy to not be continually air-support-raped.

Re the classes - ordinarily, 5 isn't enough for me, but this time around the sniper rifle is almost completely redundant so I don't need one for that, and I rarely use a shotgun either so that's another one not needed. So I end up with 5 classes which is actually 1 more than I need;

Class 1 - Commando assault rifle (with tube)

Class 2 - Galil assault rifle (with red dot)

Class 3 - Spectre SMG (with supressor and reflex sight)

Class 4 - Stoner LMG (with reflex sight)

The other one I'm tending to rotate, trying new set ups out.

I'd like Ghost for a launcher class and I've actually took down to Sentry guns now....but I had Lightweight on grrr.

Thinking about going into Free for all, having the sentry gun as a killstreak and chucking it for someone to grab whilst I hide, a map like Hanoi you could probably do that. Just have to hope that the guy sets it up straight away tho.

At the moment I have

Ak47 - Red Dot - Scav pro, SoH Pro, Marathon Pro

Commando - Red Dot - Ghost, SoH Pro, Marathon Pro

Spectre - Reflex - Lightweight Pro, SoH Pro, Marathon Pro

AK74u - Grip - Scav pro, SoH Pro, Marathon Pro

Can't remember what's on 5 but if I can get Ghost Pro I'll have the Ak with the launcher.

Think soon as I hit 50 I'll go and try and complete the Single Player on veteren, I've done the first level which was pretty easy although I've heard the AI are a joke on later levels so that should be fun.

Veteran - Good luck at Khe Sahn! :D

The tactic for the sentry gun is one that's been used by a lot of people to get that achievement at the moment. Seems to work quite well apparently.

Perk 1 - Ghost Pro

Perk 2 - Either Warlord or Hardened

Perk 3 - Either Hacker or Ninja

The second bit is just the perks that I tend to use on my classes.

In terms of taking down the sentry gun, you don't actually need anything specific, as even with Ghost, the damned thing will still see you.

Hacker is sit rep yes, although the pro version this time around let's you sabotage enemy equipment. Got a care package? Best hope you get there before I do, cos if you don't, when you try and activate it, boom! :D

• 3 years later...

I've got a PS3 and Black Ops 2, don't play it anymore and max prestiged Ghosts now so don't play that either.

Don't like the look of the new one, Fifa is full of BS, not even looked at PS4 or Xbox One prices...actually thinking my gaming time is up

I've got a PS3 and Black Ops 2, don't play it anymore and max prestiged Ghosts now so don't play that either.

Don't like the look of the new one, Fifa is full of BS, not even looked at PS4 or Xbox One prices...actually thinking my gaming time is up

this is because he's rediscovered the pub.

Game over.

It has stealth suits and kangaroo jumping.

CoD: Halo Wars.

Looks sh1te. I didn't play Ghosts much, I'll play the new one even less.

It has stealth suits and kangaroo jumping.

CoD: Halo Wars.

Looks sh1te. I didn't play Ghosts much, I'll play the new one even less.

Yeah, at least Halo it took longer to kill you, with Call of Duty plus jumping, too much for me looking out for people sat in corners whilst checking for flying people

Archived