Anyone help me please

Whoneedshuls

Not a clue on that one... I assume you're talking about club football, as international goalkeepers wore yellow for a long time before green shirts became optional in club football.

Pure guess, probably way off... 1990?

I can't find anything on this one but I would agree that international goalkeepers wore non-green shirts way before club keepers adopted all the colours under the rainbow.

A few outfield players have however worn number 1 rather than the sides goalkeeper rather strangely. (This has nothing to do with keepers who sometimes like to think they are outfield players;))

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats not to bad, when i got my england shirt done, i nhad to wait 2hours!

That's a shame if you were buying the shirt before the match, missed the match as well then eh;)

They took about 20 minutes to do both my daughter and sons shirts but it pays to get there a bit early (over an hour before kick off)

Squad numbers in football as a whole were introduced during a world cup, but I can't remember which, think it was 78! In fact Holland at this years world cup were the 1st to have a starting line-up, since the introduction of squad numbers, to have their starting line-up to consist of 1-11, sorry boring fact for you!!

Pretty sure you're right. Therefore Bloomer, no number. I guess people think of 9 because he scored so many goals, but he actually played inside-forward which, in modern day terms, is probably the sort of position that Commons and Bueno play. Ish.

Bloomer is 9 because he was a POW in Germany

to be fair it was donr in the middle of worldcup mania in jjb, i should really off known better

but its alot of effort, ive only ever had 4 done, 2 seth johnsonm ones and 2 legg 11 ones

its not cool, when your in your 20s with your name on the back!

I'm a bit older than this so I guess that's okay again then eh:)

I agree, there was only one King and it wasn't Elvis. Any guy who scores an overhead kick at 59 gets my respect.

I wasn't around to see Bloomer play so I can't comment.

Charlie George must feature as one of the greats of all time as well.

Kev Hector was King all right, and so was Charlie George king of all Cockneys....They were the days hey Donnyram?

Lets see if I can remember 'MY' team.

1 Colin Boulton

2 Rod Thomas

3 David Nish

4 Bruce Rioch

5 Roy MacFarland

6 Colin Todd

7 Steve Powell

8 Archie Gemmill

9 Roger '5 goal, 2 disallowed, 2 hit the post' Davies

10 Kevin Hector

11 Alan Hinton

I'm pretty sure that I haven't crossed over 2 teams there.

Lets see if I can remember 'MY' team.

1 Colin Boulton

2 Rod Thomas

3 David Nish

4 Bruce Rioch

5 Roy MacFarland

6 Colin Todd

7 Steve Powell

8 Archie Gemmill

9 Roger '5 goal, 2 disallowed, 2 hit the post' Davies

10 Kevin Hector

11 Alan Hinton

I'm pretty sure that I haven't crossed over 2 teams there.

http://www.derbycountymemories.com/v-luton-1975.php

Archived