When we were champions of England

11 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Screenshot_20240720_111829.thumb.jpg.7193b0a469abbd72fc365a5fa24fb6ca.jpg

I have a pic of me with Roy Mac holding the Championship trophy.  It was taken at the civic reception at the Council House before we all moved on to the Pennine Hotel for more celebrations.

Pic attached.  My awful green velvet suit, but they were all the rage in the early 1970s lol

I think you’d have got away with it the picture’s in black and white.

13 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think you’d have got away with it the picture’s in black and white.

That's true.  It was a sort of football pitch (not the BBG) kind of green.  Quite hideous really, but at the time I thought it was quite cool lol

I bought it (cost me an arm and a leg) from Sydney Bradleys menswear shop in East St.  As I recall he was either the Chairman or President of the Rams in the 1960s

Edited by oldtimeram

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

That's true.  It was a sort of football pitch (not the BBG) kind of green.  Quite hideous really, but at the time I thought it was quite cool lol

I bought it (cost me an arm and a leg) from Sydney Bradleys menswear shop in East St.  As I recall he was either the Chairman or President of the Rams in the 1960s

IIRC, Sir Robertson King was President, and Sydney Bradley did have a spell as Chairman .

7 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

I remember Bill Clarke but he was on the Directors Entrance

Bill Brownson. He was friends with Harry Brown, Michael Dunford, John Kirkland and also, Sam and Richard Moore. 

He got offered a place on the board shortly before Richard Moore became Chairman But to my eternal annoyance he turned it down because he didn't have the time or the money required. 

9 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

That’s one hell of a Dicky Bow.

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Bill Brownson. He was friends with Harry Brown, Michael Dunford, John Kirkland and also, Sam and Richard Moore. 

He got offered a place on the board shortly before Richard Moore became Chairman But to my eternal annoyance he turned it down because he didn't have the time or the money required. 

You obviously knew who I meant from my description of Bill.

Now there's a few names that I knew or remember. Mike Dunfords dad used to sit behind me for a few seasons.