Q&A with Nigel

dcfc_kev

Dear All

Just to let you know that Nigel Clough will be holding a Question & Answer Session at 7.30pm on Thursday 4th November 2010 at the Derby Irish Centre, Colyear Street, Derby. Paul Green (Derby & Ireland player) will also be attending.

The cost to attend is £10 for Non-members of the Irish Centre and £5 for members – you can pay on the door or tickets can be purchased from the Derby Irish Centre in advance

Please forward this onto any Derby fans you think may be interested

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going off topic, again, the rumour was that 10p from every pint sold went to the IRA at the Irish Club.

Rumours though, was about 20 years ago when the troubles were at their height, don't think it was ever proved.

As I said, it was just what I remember hearing once. I've been to the club a few times, lovely place.

Beers a bit expensive, NO! I'm only kidding!!! I have been though, for my 60th birthday.

Anyway, as you were.

It was a good night last night.

Clough was a good laugh as was Green, had a fair few of the Irish academy lads there and also Connor Doyle.

On the top table were Clough, Green and Darren Wassall. Mat McCann the communications guy led the evening.

Lots of banter about Savage and his antics.

Wass talked about the academy and how they don’t want to see any young talent going up the road to the red side. He said they have an open door policy with regards to outstanding young talent so if anyone knows any youngsters with real ability then get in touch.

Wass was the one who found Brayford when they did some open door trials up at Burton.

Clough talked about KC and contract negotiations - still on going, he wants him to stay and KC wants to stay.

Clough was asked about Dave Martin, he said we just aren’t playing a system that suits him so its unfortunate however he is still training hard, he hasn’t featured recently because his Mrs. is due to give birth any time.

When asked about Addison he seemed excited about his return, he may even be on the bench on Saturday or the next game, however at some point soon he will need to have the screws out of his foot and it will take 4 weeks to recover once that happens. Clough said he isn’t sure where his best position is and they will try him in both.

Clough was asked if any money will be available in Jan to strengthen the squad, he said it was unlikely unless anyone goes out and that may possibly be Varney.

He wants to try and keep Kuqi and Moore on loan for the season if possible, talks are ongoing!

We got Cywka on a 3 year deal which was a free transfer because Wigan messed up his contract.

Lots of questions about his time at Burton and memories of when they played Manchester United and the money that was made from that replay.

Clough was then asked about Bywaters art work, he just laughed and said he was going to the toilet and said Greeney could answer that one. Greene just said he's absolutely crazy!!

When Clough came back the final question was about what happened with regards to him kicking Billy! He laughed, Greene didn’t see anything, nor did Wass. Clough didn’t confirm or deny he just said anyone who paid over 3 million for Clod deserved a kick and how he wishes we had that sort of money around now!

I’m sure more was said but the Guinness was flowing!

I got a pic with Clough afterwards as they stayed around having a chat with people; it was a very good night.

It was a good night last night.

Clough was a good laugh as was Green, had a fair few of the Irish academy lads there and also Connor Doyle.

On the top table were Clough, Green and Darren Wassall. Mat McCann the communications guy led the evening.

Lots of banter about Savage and his antics.

Wass talked about the academy and how they don’t want to see any young talent going up the road to the red side. He said they have an open door policy with regards to outstanding young talent so if anyone knows any youngsters with real ability then get in touch.

Wass was the one who found Brayford when they did some open door trials up at Burton.

Clough talked about KC and contract negotiations - still on going, he wants him to stay and KC wants to stay.

Clough was asked about Dave Martin, he said we just aren’t playing a system that suits him so its unfortunate however he is still training hard, he hasn’t featured recently because his Mrs. is due to give birth any time.

When asked about Addison he seemed excited about his return, he may even be on the bench on Saturday or the next game, however at some point soon he will need to have the screws out of his foot and it will take 4 weeks to recover once that happens. Clough said he isn’t sure where his best position is and they will try him in both.

Clough was asked if any money will be available in Jan to strengthen the squad, he said it was unlikely unless anyone goes out and that may possibly be Varney.

He wants to try and keep Kuqi and Moore on loan for the season if possible, talks are ongoing!

We got Cywka on a 3 year deal which was a free transfer because Wigan messed up his contract.

Lots of questions about his time at Burton and memories of when they played Manchester United and the money that was made from that replay.

Clough was then asked about Bywaters art work, he just laughed and said he was going to the toilet and said Greeney could answer that one. Greene just said he's absolutely crazy!!

When Clough came back the final question was about what happened with regards to him kicking Billy! He laughed, Greene didn’t see anything, nor did Wass. Clough didn’t confirm or deny he just said anyone who paid over 3 million for Clod deserved a kick and how he wishes we had that sort of money around now!

I’m sure more was said but the Guinness was flowing!

I got a pic with Clough afterwards as they stayed around having a chat with people; it was a very good night.

Thanks Kev! :)

When Clough came back the final question was about what happened with regards to him kicking Billy! He laughed, Greene didn’t see anything, nor did Wass. Clough didn’t confirm or deny he just said anyone who paid over 3 million for Clod deserved a kick and how he wishes we had that sort of money around now!.

This bit actually made me laugh out loud!

I was shocked at how laid back and down to earth he was!

He sat with a bottle of Magners and really got involved and seemed to be enjoying the night himself. When I went over and asked for a photo I wasn’t sure how he'd respond but he was sound was really chatty. I came away feeling extremely positive!

Something i forgot to mention was after the Ssausagehorpe game last season which he described as his lowest time at Derby he was down at Sainsbury’s doing his recycling and some old boy who was a derby fan was also doing some recycling he said they had a heart to heart and the old boy told Clough to keep going and things will come good. Clough said it just goes to show how great the fans really are!

Thanks Kev.

I saw him at a Q&A before the start of last season, he was also very open and candid then, and more than happy to have photo's taken with people.

I've seen him a few times in Sainsbury's at the Wyvern, usually with his kids. My lad was with me once, he couldn't believe it was Nigel when he saw him.

What a top bloke we have as manager eh?

I think at the moment we have one of the most likeable bunch of players we've had since Jim Smith.

Billy got his arse kicked, Billy got his arse kicked la la la la, la la la la.

Ah, a new song for the Forest match eh...!:):)

Archived