January Transfer Window

Day

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like a quality loan in, Kuqis deal renewed, and Moore's deal too unless there is a better option available.

If the striker we need becomes available, I would expect the deal to be chased as if it were the summer, though not very likely as prices tend to be bumped up in january.

I believe the team we have now needs no adjustment, except the extension of Kuqi's loan until the end of this season and if possible, maybe some pre-negotiations between us, Real Madrid and Real Vallodolid (or whatever they're called) so we can get Bueno on a permanent contract.

Until Steve Davies is back, Kuqi up front is the best we'll get so I want him here. His finish today was an absolute beauty as well.

Other than right back, I don't want to see us buy or loan someone unless they will go straight into the team. The two obvious places where we can improve are CM or CF. If the right player

comes up at the right price, then hopefully we can get them.

Other than that extend the loan or buy Moore and/or Kuqi.

Think we need a left back and right back as cover as Roberts is poor maybe as bad as Claude Davis don't know about splashing the cash but if we can get 1 or2 strikers in we should be able to challenge for the p word

Albeit if we can keep the squad fit then well have no one in this league to fear as there's no oughtrite pace setters

I think we could do with some cover at right back - even better if they could cover defensive midfield - a Danny Buijs type player. That would also give us the option of playing Brayford at centre back when needed.

I'd like to see us keep Kuqi for the season, but would also like to see us sign a striker for the long term - Adam Le Fondre? (I don't believe Davies or Porter will ever be truly fit, and Moore has a hamstring problem - chances are he will miss a number of games)

If Addison can return form and fitness we should then have a squad with the quality and depth to achieve the playoffs.

Oh yeah forgot about that. Well yesterday we started without an out and out striker so don't see it being much of a problem...and there's always Moxey!

For me, Mr Clough can bring in whoever he wants. If we don't sign anyone permanently, so be it. I just get the feeling that we are entering the dawn of an exciting era (my faith is fully restored).

As is mine. I think we are a Hooper or similar away from being a definite top six finish.

For me, Mr Clough can bring in whoever he wants. If we don't sign anyone permanently, so be it. I just get the feeling that we are entering the dawn of an exciting era (my faith is fully restored).

I'm with you on that Ballo......sorry Dirigible, but another dilemma, if Nigel were to sign somebody in the January transfer window it who have to be a tremendous signing to get better than what we have at the moment. I suspect that if anything is done it will be "one for the future" type of player or somebody for the promotion push for next season.

Archived