Rams sitting top of the attendence league

Stimacked

Does it bug you that Derby are currently the best supported club in the Championship?

It doesnt bug me that we are the highest attendances im actually quite chuffed. What does bug me that posters some go on and on and on about it - when we can match and outnumber Florists away support then i'll join in with me tambourine........:rolleyes:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean but there's very little we can do about it. I've been to Coventry with 17,000 Derby fans and I've been to Swansea with 300.

The point is, thanks probably to Jim Smith's 6 year spell in the Prem combined with the move to Pride Park we have got a hard core fan base of 25,000.

When the reality of how we are playing seeps in, our away support will once again match our home support.

Forest fans had a few years of going to different grounds much like we did in the 80's. Its compulsive once you start to go away, you look forward to the day out to break the tedium of being a crap team. We are on the up with Nige. I don't see the same enthusiasm from forest fans about Billy....

It won't be long before our away support overtakes the chavs from notts. Again.

Does it bug you that Derby are currently the best supported club in the Championship?

No, it bugs me that we are not the best team in the championship, and some fan's are actually happy about this, and are against signing quality players like Bueno on a permanent basis.

Fan numbers like that mean we should not be sodding around in mid table begging for players.

"Begging for players", how exactly are we begging for players?

I seem to remember several articles about Nigel and the gang phoning round clubs to rush and find a striker, after we were left without one at the end of summer.

We ended up with Moore, Kuqi, and Noble.

Championship Beggers List 10/11

Barnsley

Matt Hill, Chris Wood, Kieran Trippier, Garry O'Connor, Diego Arismendi

Bristol City

Steven Caulker, Danny Rose, Sam Vokes

Burnley

Jack Cork

Cardiff

Andrew Keogh, Jason Koumas, Seyi Olofinjana, Daniel Drinkwater, Craig Bellamy

Coventry

Iain Turner, Colin Doyle

Crystal Palace

James Vaughan, Anthony Gardner, Pablo Counago, Jonathan Obika, Julian Bennett

Derby

Alberto Bueno, Frank Fielding, Ryan Noble, Luke Moore, Shefki Kuqi

Doncaster

Joseph Mills

Hull

Vito Mannone, Rowan Vine, Daniel Ayala, Anthony Gerrard, John Bostock

Ipswich

Jack Colback, Jake Livermore, Darren O'Dea, Andros Townsend

Leeds

Ben Alnwick, George McCartney, Jason Brown, Sanchez Watt

Leicester

Greg Cunningham, Curtis Davies, Kyle Naughton, Carl Ikeme, Miguel Vitor

Middlesbrough

Mickael Tavares, Matthew Kilgallon

Millwall

Theo Robinson, Kevin Lisbie

Norwich

Leon Barnett

Forest

Ryan Bertrand

Portsmouth

Greg Halford, Carl Dickinson, Ibrahima Sonko

Preston

Iain Hume, Joshua King, Matthew James

QPR

Kyle Walker, Tommy Smith

Reading

Zurab Khizanishvili

Ssausagehorpe

Freddie Sears, Kevin McDonald, Jim McNulty, Eddie Nolan

Sheff Utd

Ritchie de Laet, Jean Calve, Kyle Bartley, Nyron Nosworthy, Simon Walton

Swansea

Marvin Emnes, Frank Nouble

Watford

Andrew Taylor, Jordon Mutch

Well, you have to do what you have to do, asking for a player every week untill they let him come, is that begging? pestering maybe?

So you are agreed with what we are doing in the broad sense. Fair enough, if you want to give it a different name. No one argued with the fact that we should not have to with support like that though, which was of course the most important point of the post.

Of cousre now I mentuion it again, people will argue with it, because that what people seem to do around here. Argue for the sake of it.

So you are agreed with what we are doing in the broad sense. Fair enough, if you want to give it a different name. No one argued with the fact that we should not have to with support like that though, which was of course the most important point of the post.

Of cousre now I mentuion it again, people will argue with it, because that what people seem to do around here. Argue for the sake of it.

When you're right no-one remembers, when you're wrong no-one forgets.

No we don't

Only when people talk wet and moan for the sake of moaning, everything has to be an attack on GSE or Clough from some people, and to be honest it starts to get a little tiresome especially when this team that we've begged for is playing the best football we have seen for years.

Only when people talk wet and moan for the sake of moaning, everything has to be an attack on GSE or Clough from some people, and to be honest it starts to get a little tiresome especially when this team that we've begged for is playing the best football we have seen for years.

No it's not.

First post on here so i'll say, that's brilliant; best attendance in the league and not even 80% full, just imagine if PP was 90% or more full all the time....

Not been to a Rams match in bloody ages but really pleased to see how well they're doing atm long may it continue. Hopefully we don't go up this season though, we should do what i've done with Derby on Championship Manager - lose the play offs a couple of times and amass a bit of money to buy some more quality and strength in depth. Hopefully next time we're in the Prem we stay there.

Archived