Rams sitting top of the attendence league

Stimacked

No, wrong room.

P.s welcome awesomecaz

cheers mate!

Glad I signed up here, reckon i'll be on here a lot from now on keeping up to date with all the news - funny since i've moved outta DE i've become much more interested in Derby and DCFC affairs, never was really when I lived there but now i'm proud to be a Derbeian!

p.s. can we start a campaign to call us summit other than "Derbeians" that's a really **** name.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cheers mate!

Glad I signed up here, reckon i'll be on here a lot from now on keeping up to date with all the news - funny since i've moved outta DE i've become much more interested in Derby and DCFC affairs, never was really when I lived there but now i'm proud to be a Derbeian!

p.s. can we start a campaign to call us summit other than "Derbeians" that's a really **** name.

Sheep shagger?

Sheep shagger?

No kidding i was on holiday in Egypt in June and this fella in the hotel calls me over to his little shop. Part of the haggling etc there is to ask all sorts of questions to get you on friendly terms. He was asking who i support and where on the map "Derby County" is. Then he asked what people from Derby are called. Didn't know what he meant so i asked him to explain. "Liverpool fans are scousers, i'm no scouser cus i not con you. Newcastle are Geordies ay pet? and London are all cocknees? What are Derby?" Then he says that he'd seen the other two Derby fans around our hotel and he'd got them to write it on an envelope but he can't translate it. Shows me an envelope that says "sheepshaggers" on the back.

The rest of the holiday he'd just say "sheepshagger" and stick his thumb up to us. Sometimes he'd say "I no Scouser i do you Asda price sheepshaggers".

Seems to be catchy. ;)

No i'm not havin' it. Spent 18 years in Ingerland being called a Sheep Shagger, now i'm living with people from rural Ireland and Scotland, they think Derby's a metropolis and i'm a big city slicker so i'm not going back to that SS business!

Always preferred beef to lamb anyway :p

I know what you mean but there's very little we can do about it. I've been to Coventry with 17,000 Derby fans and I've been to Swansea with 300.

The point is, thanks probably to Jim Smith's 6 year spell in the Prem combined with the move to Pride Park we have got a hard core fan base of 25,000.

When the reality of how we are playing seeps in, our away support will once again match our home support.

Forest fans had a few years of going to different grounds much like we did in the 80's. Its compulsive once you start to go away, you look forward to the day out to break the tedium of being a crap team. We are on the up with Nige. I don't see the same enthusiasm from forest fans about Billy....

It won't be long before our away support overtakes the chavs from notts. Again.

I know what you mean i actually loved it when we were in the third division because wherever we went on an away trip we had the biggest support. Never forget taking over Notts Countys and Wolves grounds magical..:D

Archived