Blue badge parking Derwent Parade

I often park with my dad who is a blue badge holder near the ground on Derwent Parade next to TC Harrison. Alot of other blue badge holders also park there. Apparently it was coned off both sides of the road for the last home match. Does anybody know if that's going to be the case tonight? Its very convenient for the less mobile for sure.

Somebody posted about this on FB. They contacted the club and the answer is that it's a safety thing. Any complaints or requests to resume parking on Derwent Parade should be addressed to the Council as it's under their control...

At the last match a lot of blue badge holders had parked along Riverside Road instead. Not sure this is safer though, as at the end of the match lots of people leave this way, walking along the road, and this meant there was even less space and more arguments between drivers and pedestrians!

Disabled badge folk have also been parking on Royal Way between the exit to the Arena car park and the roundabout with the Audi dealership - that is dangerous as it's pushing cars leaving the car park further out into the road where there are people walking....only a matter of time....

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Disabled badge folk have also been parking on Royal Way between the exit to the Arena car park and the roundabout with the Audi dealership - that is dangerous as it's pushing cars leaving the car park further out into the road where there are people walking....only a matter of time....

I'd agree thats a bad place to be parking on the road, but Derwent Parade is no issue at all. I wonder what the "Safety issue" is? Sounds like jobsworth to me. Or maybe they are pushing towards paying for parking at the car parks to make more revenue?

I've always thought Riverside should be shut after the final whistle anyway. 

We go to grounds all around the country where roads are closed for a significant amount of time post-game, but the roads around Pride Park stay stubbornly open.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I've always thought Riverside should be shut after the final whistle anyway. 

We go to grounds all around the country where roads are closed for a significant amount of time post-game, but the roads around Pride Park stay stubbornly open.

They might on your side of the stadium but on the East side Derwent Parade and Millennium way plus the car parks stay closed for about 20 minutes after the final whistle.