Commons New Deal?

Alex W

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Objection! I would like to point out the undeniable law of 'Hit and Miss' regarding football transfer/contract stories in newspapers.

M'Lord, you can't object to an invitation to discuss; even if it is the Mirror and it's not worth bothering anyway.

Does Counsel harbour ambitions in respect of said publication? :)

I deny such an allegation and any link between myself and said publication are to be stricken from the record.

:D

(I've actually always fancied that transfer spot with the paragraph on a player moving somewhere. We're on it from time to time, has 20 snippets of transfer news every day)

I'm sure Nigel made up his mind to give Commons a contract a few weeks back. As soon as it became clear that he can string games together and is still an integral part of the side.

I'd guess that the only reason he'd keep everyone waiting is just to give Commons something to work for. Nigel obviously decided that Commons plays best when he has a point to prove. And while Kris thinks he's vulnerable he'll keep performing.

I only worry that when he gets his contract things might go a bit stale for him. I hope Nigel continues to give him a bit of a rough ride if it means we can have a fit and motivated Kris Commons.

This is one of my problems with football today (old buggers rant alert) why should he need motivating to play football for **** loads of money in front of 30,000 fans?

Because he doesn't give two hoots about Derby County?

Footballers are not like football fans, they can say they supported X team growing up as a boy but would that stop them joining a rival club for an extra fiver a week?

I'm also sure everyone at some point in their careers have thought, you know what I really can't be arsed with work today and you either pull a sicky or do as little as possible that day.

Footballers will be no different and Derby County are his Commons employer.

Because he doesn't give two hoots about Derby County?

Footballers are not like football fans, they can say they supported X team growing up as a boy but would that stop them joining a rival club for an extra fiver a week?

I'm also sure everyone at some point in their careers have thought, you know what I really can't be arsed with work today and you either pull a sicky or do as little as possible that day.

Footballers will be no different and Derby County are his Commons employer.

Being a pro footballer is a job and fans who expect the same sort of loyalty as them are a tad delusional. Having said that and listening to Kris Commons being interviewed, he is happy at Derby and seems to appreciate the way that he and his suspect body is being managed for the good of him and the team.

I'd guess that the only reason he'd keep everyone waiting is just to give Commons something to work for. Nigel obviously decided that Commons plays best when he has a point to prove. And while Kris thinks he's vulnerable he'll keep performing.

That and maybe he didnt want to tell everyone that he ws being given a contract before the details are finalized.

This is 2 newspapers now reporting that a contract is likely - Mirror and People. Glick also stated that we had entered into negotiations with COmmons and his agent. Maybe he was telling the truth after all.

That and maybe he didnt want to tell everyone that he ws being given a contract before the details are finalized.

This is 2 newspapers now reporting that a contract is likely - Mirror and People. Glick also stated that we had entered into negotiations with COmmons and his agent. Maybe he was telling the truth after all.

Not to put a downer on things but I'm no so sure if he's not got a contract sorted by end of November/early December well loose him and I think he'll be looking at middlesborough/leicester/QPR as they have a dam site better chance of promothin. And I'd think he'd want to hook up with hulse again as he's the one that he plays best with.

Wouldn't be to bothered either to see him go as long as we could change buenos mind. And dont believe all you read in the papers as dint they say we were in for fryatt/Davies and co. Lol:cool:

Not to put a downer on things but I'm no so sure if he's not got a contract sorted by end of November/early December well loose him and I think he'll be looking at middlesborough/leicester/QPR as they have a dam site better chance of promothin. And I'd think he'd want to hook up with hulse again as he's the one that he plays best with.

Wouldn't be to bothered either to see him go as long as we could change buenos mind. And dont believe all you read in the papers as dint they say we were in for fryatt/Davies and co. Lol:cool:

Don't agree with that - he's played better and scored more goals since Hulsey left than he did with him here. The system seems to suit him better.

This is one of my problems with football today (old buggers rant alert) why should he need motivating to play football for **** loads of money in front of 30,000 fans?

Wayne Rooney played in front of 80,000 every couple of weeks and earnt three times what the average person earns a year in a week. But he still managed to lose his motivation and beg for money.

Archived