The Hooper Bid

sage

I got told by someone at the DET this week, that we bid £2m for Hooper, but they wanted £3m.

They took £2.5m in the end.

I reckon a £2m bid before selling a forward is an encouraging sign.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing that amazes me is - why on earth will anything think that we've got a chance once Celtic is in the picture. So, how much we had bidded isn't even really relevant.

Unless they've played there for a few years and got bored and wants a new challenge.

I think what we bidded is relevant. We were obviously prepared to spend 2 million on someone - but wouldn't pay an 'overinflated' price for him.

The fact is, there was 2 million on the table.

MrsRam is spot on, the post isn't about the player but the amount we were willing to spend on him, even if that was before B&B that's a million left over that may still be available.

Assuming that this is true, anyway.

I am clad we have B&B here at DCFC, but would like to know how is hooper getting on at Celtic as I thought he got injured ( correct me if i am wrong).

I am clad we have B&B here at DCFC, but would like to know how is hooper getting on at Celtic as I thought he got injured ( correct me if i am wrong).

Got an injury pre-season, just getting back to fitness now.

Scored two against Dundee United at the weekend.

I couldn't sodding care less if we have backing or not, all I care is that we play well. Do you think Boro fans are more satisfied us because they have an "ambitious" board?

If we spend £1m on Cywka and £500k on Roberts then no one would be complaining anywya.

I couldn't sodding care less if we have backing or not, all I care is that we play well. Do you think Boro fans are more satisfied us because they have an "ambitious" board?

If we spend £1m on Cywka and £500k on Roberts then no one would be complaining anywya.

Exactly.

If you have the right, prudent manager, then you will get players of the required quality for less.

id prefer to keep the 2 mill and add another 1mill for next august then pay the money to get bueno in on a 2-3 year deal.

bailey and brayford will be worth double wat we paid for them at the end of the season. but i wouldnt sell them there both class.

roberts is poor get rid and get fielding in

if hes cheap enough id go for moore if hes under a mill

MrsRam is spot on, the post isn't about the player but the amount we were willing to spend on him, even if that was before B&B that's a million left over that may still be available.

Assuming that this is true, anyway.

Surely a sizeable chunk of this has been spent on getting Bueno on loan, certainly from what the club are saying anyway.

Archived