Seeing what a website used to look like: need help

TigerTedd

I know there’s a couple of nerds on here who might be able to help (I would normally count myself in that, but this one’s got me stumped). 

I’ve got a credit agreement. On the online system it said it ended on 22nd July. I paid it off on 21st July. Now the company are saying that it ended on 18th July, so I have to pay all the interest.

the paperwork they have says 18th July, I don’t doubt that. But they’ve said that if I could prove the website said 22nd July, the. I’ve got a leg to stand on. if only I’d taken a screen print.

is there anyway of going back in time with a website, or showing a cached version or something? I know the way back machine can show older versions of websites, but would that work with a personal account?

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I know there’s a couple of nerds on here who might be able to help (I would normally count myself in that, but this one’s got me stumped). 

I’ve got a credit agreement. On the online system it said it ended on 22nd July. I paid it off on 21st July. Now the company are saying that it ended on 18th July, so I have to pay all the interest.

the paperwork they have says 18th July, I don’t doubt that. But they’ve said that if I could prove the website said 22nd July, the. I’ve got a leg to stand on. if only I’d taken a screen print.

is there anyway of going back in time with a website, or showing a cached version or something? I know the way back machine can show older versions of websites, but would that work with a personal account?

Maybe you could do a subject access request. The required data might be in there hopefully?

https://archive.org/web/

This is the website that takes snapshots of websites to look back on.

As Scott said though, it only covers public pages for obvious reasons, your contract details would be behind a login and private to you.

Not a lot you can do unless you can pull up a copy of the contract by email, which they should have sent a copy to you.

On 27/07/2023 at 18:44, David said:

As Scott said though, it only covers public pages for obvious reasons, your contract details would be behind a login and private to you.

Not a lot you can do unless you can pull up a copy of the contract by email, which they should have sent a copy to you.

Completely unrelated but your post for some reason made me think about it.

What ever happened to the podcast yourself and @Srg used to do?

really enjoyed it 👍

On 27/07/2023 at 18:44, David said:

The contract would have confirmed what they had to say. It was the website that was wrong, or may it was me that was wrong, but I’ll never admit it. 

Anyway, I loaned a bit, and they refunded me all my interest. So alls we’ll that ends well. Karen wins again. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Completely unrelated but your post for some reason made me think about it.

What ever happened to the podcast yourself and @Srg used to do?

really enjoyed it 👍

Stopped doing that a while back, became a bit of a chore with recording super late at night then editing.