Wifi at pride park

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Last game I went to, the network was so bad that couldn't call the person who was picking me up, from Sainsbury's until about an hour after fulltime, plus google maps didn't work either and traffic was obviously bad.

Seems like the demand of everyone in the same place screws the network up for a while after. I've parked near ground before and can't get any signal until I've driven away, which is usually 45 mins after the end once they finally let you out.

My experience too, texts unsent, couldn’t check scores, it’s been standard in most games with big crowds. Until this Saturday. Must be that new mast. ?

At most away games I go to, if there is a controversial incident that is difficult to see, I can check on this forum to get comments on TV replays from those that have taken a trip on VPN airlines to watch Rams TV. I can get score updates, send messages no probs.

Home matches.......nothing. Can't even sit the phone on BBC scores section and let it update at its leisure any more. I'm with EE so maybe it's a network coverage thing.

Just checked their map for Pride Park........5G (officially iffy), 4G (stupendous), 3G (off)........and 2G (stupendous)........

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Not sure what happened to him either, but the kids round our way called him Lamp-post Man cos he seemed so tall to us. It was him that prompted me to pester my Dad to let me go to watch the Rams.

It was the day after the Rams beat Chelsea in the League Cup 3-1, that famous evening in 1968. I was playing football on our front when Fagin came along and asked me if I'd been to the match. I said no, but I'd heard the roars when Derby scored. He replied, with the utmost gravity "You wanna go kid" and went along the way. I pestered my Dad for weeks afterwards until he eventually agreed.

I can't recall seeing him myself after that. I think his real name was Keith Hagan or similar, hence "Fagin". I'll ask my mates if they know what became of him.

I've asked the question of many of the old lads and some of those who appeared early 80s but he seems to have just disappeared.