No repeat offenders.

RoyMac5

Missed the edit time...

3-4 chances per game on average would work out at 138-184 across a whole season.

There's simply no way anyone's pratting about at the back has presented the opposition that many good chances!

I'd be very surprised if the real average was even at one per game tbh.

Edited by Kokosnuss

25 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Pratting about with it at the back seems to be a common criticism of the style under Rosenior but I don’t recall us conceding many goals doing it

The only time I recall coming close to conceding a goal due to the passing around the back was vs Peterborough for a Marriott chance. Other than that chance the passing was successful.

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Missed the edit time...

3-4 chances per game on average would work out at 138-184 across a whole season.

There's simply no way anyone's pratting about at the back has presented the opposition that many good chances!

I'd be very surprised if the real average was even at one per game tbh.

You change the 'chances' to 'good chances', there's a big difference. A chance is where you give the opposition an unnecessary possession deep in your own half, I would class a good chance whereby you're offering up a good goal scoring opportunity. We've been fortunate that the quality of the opposition hasn't been able to make more of these incidents.

22 minutes ago, ram59 said:

You change the 'chances' to 'good chances', there's a big difference. A chance is where you give the opposition an unnecessary possession deep in your own half, I would class a good chance whereby you're offering up a good goal scoring opportunity. We've been fortunate that the quality of the opposition hasn't been able to make more of these incidents.

Chances or good chances, there's still no way it's that high.

...and we've still presented the opposition more chances (and indeed good chances) on average playing the way we do now regardless of where it is on the pitch possession is lost.

By your definition giving the ball away 30 yards inside the opposition half with a solitary defender in our own half, and the opposition breaking on us at pace is less of a chance than us giving the ball away 30 yards inside our own half with plenty of cover, so I doubt you agree with that assessment.

Edited by Kokosnuss