Ashbourne Derby

sheeponacid

Forgot the Pancakes …. Derbyshires Premier Derby Game is back……Today & Tomorrow 

Kick off (turn up) 2pm at Shaw Croft Car Park

Time for a second ball to be turned up has now been extended to 6pm

For those who fancy coming down for a game, the objectives are simple… just get the ball to Clifton Mill, and stop it moving towards Sturston.

A game of speed, strength, cunning, agility, determination and tactics..…through streets, fields, hedgerows, and Henmore Brook

Park & ride is at Hales Green, Darley Moor Airfield…..best to keep your cars of the streets for obvious reasons 

Shrovetide Football…..Cmon you Down”Ards

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

On 01/03/2022 at 08:06, sheeponacid said:

Forgot the Pancakes …. Derbyshires Premier Derby Game is back……Today & Tomorrow 

Kick off (turn up) 2pm at Shaw Croft Car Park

Time for a second ball to be turned up has now been extended to 6pm

For those who fancy coming down for a game, the objectives are simple… just get the ball to Clifton Mill, and stop it moving towards Sturston.

A game of speed, strength, cunning, agility, determination and tactics..…through streets, fields, hedgerows, and Henmore Brook

Park & ride is at Hales Green, Darley Moor Airfield…..best to keep your cars of the streets for obvious reasons 

Shrovetide Football…..Cmon you Down”Ards

I got 3 broken ribs on Shrovetide day in 1979.

I wasn't bravely scrumming for the ball though. I got a severe kicking in the Green Man and Blacks Head pub from a bunch of red necks.

It was rather a colourful affair what with the lurid bruises an all......

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I wasn't bravely scrumming for the ball though. I got a severe kicking in the Green Man and Blacks Head pub from a bunch of red necks.

Well, they don’t like Stokies in Ashbourne mate.

15 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

We got kicked out of one of the pubs in Ashbourne because the landlord didn't want my mate, who was mixed race, in his pub. He was (apparently) his uncle.....

Edited by BaaLocks