Winter Olympics

Van der MoodHoover

Surprised that there's no thread at all on this. 

Is it because we're a bit poo this year? With 0 medals whatsoever. 

Is it because the sports have been a bit crashingly dull? 

Have we fallen out of love with pasty Scots polishing big stones with little brooms? 

We're reduced to celebrating someone retiring after their 3rd games and achieving 8th spot. 

Nay mind, all that lottery dosh will soon find another use, aye... ?

I loved watching both the men's and women's curling finals, and cried with happiness watching the girls on the podium receiving their gold medals. I'm always proud when anyone wins for Great Britain. I'm happy for the Scottish girls, and the Great Britain Curling Team. I get great pleasure from watching team work, really work, everyone supporting one another to achieve great results and I'm so happy for all the families involved and the dedication everyone involved gives to enable those girls to win gold.

We currently have everyone working as a team at Derby County on and off the field and with a great mixture of people from different nations, different cultures all currently trying to achieve great results for the club we all love and we can all learn so much from sports teams,the teams can learn so much from other sport teams, regarding respect, control, and managing the game of sport and it's great to watch and learn.

Anyway I'm having a great weekend, 3 points for the Rams, a gold medal for Great Britain, the kids are going out sledging, the sun is shining and I might even see if some of my friends fancy a game of Curling during the week.

Brilliant.

Edited by Inverurie Ram