If we go bust, I think we'll take the EFL with us

IslandExile

10 hours ago, 1of4 said:

You've not been on any of the boro fans forums recently. The toxic comments from their fans regarding Derby, they are quite happy for us to go under.

I’ll repeat a comment I’ve made numerous times. You can’t necessarily take the comments made by a few keyboard warriors as representative of the whole fan base. How many are posting toxic comments? 5, 10, 20? I strongly believe that whilst a lot of Middlesbrough fans might not like us and and may be happy to see us relegated, I very much doubt more than a handful would actually be glad to see us (or any other club) go into liquidation.

Edited by Tamworthram

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’ll repeat a comment I’ve made numerous times. You can’t necessarily take the comments made by a few keyboard warriors as representative of the whole fan base. How many are posting toxic comments? 5, 10, 20? I strongly believe that whilst a lot of Middlesbrough fans might not like us and and may be happy to see us relegated, I very much doubt more than a handful would actually be glad to see us (or any other club) go into liquidation.

Spot on, I had another gander on one of the forums last night and they mostly seem level headed and don't think Gibson is going to succeed and they're concerned that he's dragging their name through the mud. Boro have never really bothered me as a club and they still don't, just their owner.