Derby matches on a Google Calendar

Ken Tram

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's a link from the official dcfc site that takes you to here https://www.stanza.co/@derbycounty/subscription#/ where you can add them to a Google calendar.

Thanks - was about to use the link - and then it said that Stanza had permission to view and delete ANY of my Google Calendars!

I couldn't give them that permission!

Does anyone know another sources - can Derby provide the calendar!!!

3 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Thanks - was about to use the link - and then it said that Stanza had permission to view and delete ANY of my Google Calendars!

This is Derby providing the calendar. It's following the Download link here; https://www.dcfc.co.uk/fixtures

Thanks ver much for the link to the games on the Derby Site. Likwise, I can always get the fixtures from asking Google "Derby County Fixtures"!

I just wanted to avoid typing all of the matches into my calendar. The Stanza weblink seems great - except they require a permission that allows them to read an delete any of my calendars - and I cannot risk that.

If Derby managed it - or the forum!!! - we could have an agreed format. e.g. "How to display the games, and what to do when matches change time, and if on the forum - the key things that people ask like "tickets available" and "on Rams TV or Sky" ...

Maybe I'll give it ago if no-one else has done it ...

I know it's not a calendar, but there is a direct link to the DCFC (Website) Fixtures page, from the very top of this and every dcfcfans forum page.

I've had the fixtures calendar on my iphone for years.  Maybe 10 at a guess, if not longer?  Can't even remember for certain how I first set it up, but I think it was a link from DCFC themselves?  It auto updates any changes, and renews each season... and nobody has ever removed or altered any of my other calendars.

EDIT:

Just checked my calendars on my mobile... the DCFC fixture calendar is indeed under the  stanza banner.  Never had a problem with it.

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, Ken Tram said:

Thanks ver much for the link to the games on the Derby Site. Likwise, I can always get the fixtures from asking Google "Derby County Fixtures"!

I just wanted to avoid typing all of the matches into my calendar. The Stanza weblink seems great - except they require a permission that allows them to read an delete any of my calendars - and I cannot risk that.

If Derby managed it - or the forum!!! - we could have an agreed format. e.g. "How to display the games, and what to do when matches change time, and if on the forum - the key things that people ask like "tickets available" and "on Rams TV or Sky" ...

Maybe I'll give it ago if no-one else has done it ...

I’ve been using this site for a while with no problems. 

https://ics.fixtur.es/v2/Derby-county.ics?e93f8ee0b8af82b5

it updates regularly when times change. 

I did write my own a couple of years back that emailed me when a fixture changed. Was a Google script that screen scraped from bbc fixtures, checking for changes every 1/2 hr. Bit of a hack but had the advantage of telling me about changes. I can see if I can find it if you like. 

9 hours ago, ck- said:

I did write my own a couple of years back that emailed me when a fixture changed. Was a Google script that screen scraped from bbc fixtures, checking for changes every 1/2 hr. Bit of a hack but had the advantage of telling me about changes. I can see if I can find it if you like. 

Wow! If love to be able to do something like that. If be fascinated to see your script! Sounds amazing.

And ... Thanks for the link.

11 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

It won’t actually do that. It’s just the permission it needs to edit any fixture changes in that calendar. Been using those off the official site for almost a decade with zero problems. 

Edited by ThePrisoner

10 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I know it's not a calendar, but there is a direct link to the DCFC (Website) Fixtures page, from the very top of this and every dcfcfans forum page.

I've had the fixtures calendar on my iphone for years.  Maybe 10 at a guess, if not longer?  Can't even remember for certain how I first set it up, but I think it was a link from DCFC themselves?  It auto updates any changes, and renews each season... and nobody has ever removed or altered any of my other calendars.

EDIT:

Just checked my calendars on my mobile... the DCFC fixture calendar is indeed under the  stanza banner.  Never had a problem with it.

Cheers! That's good to know! I just don't know why these developers add these unneeded permissions. The consequences of losing my calendars is so high, even if the risk of them doing an erroneous update that deletes them is zero in ten years! (Although, knowing that they've been doing it for 10 years does help!)

10 hours ago, ck- said:

The ICS link was the last five years up to Jan last year ... LOL

I'll try finding the site directly ... ?

10 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It won’t actually do that. It’s just the permission it needs to edit any fixture changes in that calendar. Been using those off the official site for almost a decade with zero problems. 

But it CAN do that ... even if it (almost certainly) WON'T.

I wonder if my paranoid self could create a new Google account - as the calendar to that. Then upload a link from Stanza or ICS. And then share that calendar with me!

Do you know if you have the ability to share a Stanza calendar or ICS calendar?!

6 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

The ICS link was the last five years up to Jan last year ... LOL

I'll try finding the site directly ... ?

Interesting. I’ve just clicked on it and it downloads all matches to the end of this season and it’s up to date on my calendar, which is where I copied the link from. 

If you follow the link from here it tells you how to set it up for various devices, including how to make sure it updates properly on changes:
https://fixtur.es/en/team/Derby-county

7 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Cheers! That's good to know! I just don't know why these developers add these unneeded permissions. The consequences of losing my calendars is so high, even if the risk of them doing an erroneous update that deletes them is zero in ten years! (Although, knowing that they've been doing it for 10 years does help!)

I’ve just tried the link I sent you in Google calendar on my iPhone and it asks for those permissions too. 
If that genuinely concerns you, you could try doing it as a two stage activity by adding the calendar to your Google account and then on your phone, selecting that calendar to be shown. 
it’s worth knowing that by default, a calendar set up in Google calendar has sync OFF by default. 
To check, go here: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/syncselect

One final thing, you can set up notification for changes to the calendar when seeing it up.

Hope that helps in some way. 

10 hours ago, ck- said:

I’ve just tried the link I sent you in Google calendar on my iPhone and it asks for those permissions too. 
If that genuinely concerns you, you could try doing it as a two stage activity by adding the calendar to your Google account and then on your phone, selecting that calendar to be shown. 
it’s worth knowing that by default, a calendar set up in Google calendar has sync OFF by default. 
To check, go here: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/syncselect

One final thing, you can set up notification for changes to the calendar when seeing it up.

Hope that helps in some way. 

Very helpful tips! Much appreciated!