Festy Ebosele

BenjaminBloom

Hey guys,

I'm previewing Stoke v Derby for Football 365 (pray it doesn't get called off last minute) and I wanted to make Festy Ebosele my player to watch. I see he was used as a wing-back yesterday with Byrne covering a centre back.

Do you think this is likely again vs Stoke, and how impressive has his breakthrough been this season?

47 minutes ago, BenjaminBloom said:

Hey guys,

I'm previewing Stoke v Derby for Football 365 (pray it doesn't get called off last minute) and I wanted to make Festy Ebosele my player to watch. I see he was used as a wing-back yesterday with Byrne covering a centre back.

Do you think this is likely again vs Stoke, and how impressive has his breakthrough been this season?

There's a thread about Festy here, have a read through.

He has great acceleration from a standing start, but often lacks that killer pass. So for me he is a wing back, as his defensive qualities are excellent. Had an opportunity to showcase his timing of a tackle today, which he did very well.

We see so much more if his ability when we play him further back, so hopefully we stick with three at back against Stoke and he gets another start.

1 hour ago, BenjaminBloom said:

Hey guys,

Another place to look would be the player ratings after each match, as performances get discussed - but maybe easier for you to find opinions than the general match threads (I don't know how to insert links to the threads, but they should be quick to find).

He seems get the crowd going as he passes players.

Thanks for selecting Ebosele as a player to watch. I hope that you get some nice soundbites and opinions.

1 hour ago, BenjaminBloom said:

Hey guys,

Hey Ben, really enjoy watching your channel, nice to get an unbiased view on the Championship goings on.

Yesterday, Festy started right wing back with Byrne right centre back, though this changed late on in the first half with Festy switching to left wing back.

Hard to pick a team each game at the moment with the Covid goings on but I would imagine that we'll see him at left wing back again against Stoke, given Buchanan's absence and Forsyth performing much better as a left centre back these days than as a wing back.