Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

242 all out

Conners attempting the paddle 3 times before finally getting out to it was…..interesting.

Guest and Bin Naeem saved us from total embarrassment there.

At least something to defend…..still pretty poor…

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What’s the score 🫣

212-5 off 32 overs

barring a flurry of wickets we are going to get thrashed. The bowling outside of DuPavillion hasn’t been any better than the batting.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

212-5 off 32 overs

barring a flurry of wickets we are going to get thrashed. The bowling outside of DuPavillion hasn’t been any better than the batting.

Perhaps Mickey will walk 🤔

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

This isn’t going to be too far away from our starting X1…….embarrassing really.

Apparently Chappell had a niggling injury, hopefully he comes back in for the Northants game. I think Moore will be available so get him in as well and Thomson as a proper spinner. That should give us a much better bowling line up.

As for the batting, other than getting Bin Naeem up the order I don’t know what we can do. We were struggling enough with Madsen and Donald playing, without them I’m not very hopeful. I can’t see us winning a game at the moment.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Apparently Chappell had a niggling injury, hopefully he comes back in for the Northants game. I think Moore will be available so get him in as well and Thomson as a proper spinner. That should give us a much better bowling line up.

As for the batting, other than getting Bin Naeem up the order I don’t know what we can do. We were struggling enough with Madsen and Donald playing, without them I’m not very hopeful. I can’t see us winning a game at the moment.

Dal maybe can be added? Patel?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Dal maybe can be added? Patel?

Yeah forgot about Dal, if Patel wants to play he’s surely in the team, I was under the impression he would be so perhaps just resting for the real stuff.

Cheshire wrap up the victory with 88 balls to spare.

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah forgot about Dal, if Patel wants to play he’s surely in the team, I was under the impression he would be so perhaps just resting for the real stuff.

Cheshire wrap up the victory with 88 balls to spare.

We did our best 😉

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The axing of Tom Wood continues to make zero sense with this inept batting line up.

He’s pretty good on the commentary though 😂

Apparently he said something on comms  for the Durham game that got MA’s back up…perhaps we will see him back when he gets the boot…