PCR tests for travelling

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

From Amber, you need a negative test, taken in the presence of a medical professional, within 72hrs of your arrival time in Uk. It can be antigen or pcr. 

I didn’t need this for day 2 test and iwas out of uk for day 5.  Passenger location form dictates what is needed

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

That’s what I did.  Very efficient cheaper than most.  Still have to go through the process of registering the kit online.  Time before did the home thing didn’t tell me that somebody had to be home to sign for the kit.  More expensive and a bit of a faff really

My day 2 rest was signed for by my neighbour, who wasn't home for the first 2 days when I got back. Luckily they turned up just in time. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

My day 2 rest was signed for by my neighbour, who wasn't home for the first 2 days when I got back. Luckily they turned up just in time. 

Self swab put in a priority mail box in spondon.  Tbh I could have swabbed any orifice 

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

That’s what I did.  Very efficient cheaper than most.  Still have to go through the process of registering the kit online.  Time before did the home thing didn’t tell me that somebody had to be home to sign for the kit.  More expensive and a bit of a faff really

Thats for the day PCR Right?

did you have to do thr lateral flow before getting on the plabe back to the UK?

8 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Thats for the day PCR Right?

did you have to do thr lateral flow before getting on the plabe back to the UK?

Sorry not thar smart, just followed the rules when completing passenger location forms, you may need 2 depending on the rules the country you are flying to.  Had to have a it to fly to enter uk, a 2 day uk test, and a gib test within 24 hours of arrival (which is free btw).  If your uk arrival PLF does not detail the day 2 test you will be denied entry.  I saw quite a few that failed that and they had to wait to order or arrange the tests.  The uk PLF cannot be filled in until48 hours before your flight and you have already checked in.  Doesn’t help when trying to understand the process

Nothing to do with Brexit, its all the UK choice to do the tests before the flight and after landing.

I wouldn't go to a country right now until they drop the need to test before returning for the sole risk that you could be positive. The thought of ten days in a hotel at my cost...

The whole travel tourism is screwed until they stop this for vaccinated folk because that's circa 50% less customers willing to travel.