World of crypto

NottsRam77

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Pretty political in here boys ,, not to worry though , I see myself as a capitalist commy but best of luck finding that nirvana 🤷🏻‍♂️

Correct there is no nirvana, there are no solutions just trade offs, the present system obviously has its flaws, it just needs managing correctly, but unfortunately I cannot see that happening any time soon.

I can understand why any government prefers a fiat currency because it’s more flexible but if not managed correctly then before the inevitable collapse we would have to revert to a gold standard.

https://vaulted.com/nuggets/why-do-fiat-currencies-fail/#:~:text=Fiat currencies fail when they violate the basic characteristics of,stuck to the gold standard.

The UK position holding gold makes grim reading. 

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/index/gold/uk-gold-reserves/#:~:text=As of 2024%2C the Bank,on the age and origin.

I think gold is just beginning its bull cycle due to geo political unrest, government debt and money printing.

Given the choice between BTC or gold long term I think gold will out perform.

As always do your own research.

Edited by cstand

On 25/07/2024 at 17:55, Stive Pesley said:

See my comment above about huge quantities of FIAT money being created and it all sliding down the table into the pockets of the already super rich. Nothing we've seen so far suggests that BTC will be any different. We already have all the mega financial corps hoovering up as much as they can get. It's the new game in town. And of course then you have the huge amounts of BTC held by the criminal underworld. I know that the model is supposed to solve all the "old problems" (and on paper it does), but where money is concerned, it's just a matter of time before people work out how to exploit the model to benefit themselves and sod everyone else

Bitcoin is an open source public ledger…. Anyone anywhere on the planet who has a phone can view what moves where 

Cash is as shady as hell and until it hits bank account has zero tracability

Not sure where im Going with that, but u see what i mean

On 25/07/2024 at 17:55, Stive Pesley said:

See my comment above about huge quantities of FIAT money being created and it all sliding down the table into the pockets of the already super rich. Nothing we've seen so far suggests that BTC will be any different. We already have all the mega financial corps hoovering up as much as they can get. It's the new game in town. And of course then you have the huge amounts of BTC held by the criminal underworld. I know that the model is supposed to solve all the "old problems" (and on paper it does), but where money is concerned, it's just a matter of time before people work out how to exploit the model to benefit themselves and sod everyone else

I mean, just because the heavyweight corps are hoovering it up .. doesnt mean that joe public cant either.. its open source 

we can buy as much as we want / can afford its not a closed shop .. u like some loopholes and money schemes 

Posted (edited)

IF this guy gets in… 65k will be like a piss drop in the ocean…..

and u dont think trump will want to get left behind now do u 🤷

cos theyre printing fiat to oblivion 

They know it ….. i know it

hedge .. against … inflation 

end of fricking story 

Edited by NottsRam77

45 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

end of fricking story 

So if elected he will continue to devalue the dollar with more money printing, more government borrowing and more government spending creating inflation to drive up the price of Bitcoin which the government owns. 😳

So if you own Bitcoin you will fine but everyone else will be drowning in a sea rampant inflation to the point where some people will not be able to afford to eat.

Edited by cstand

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

end of fricking story 

BTC is not a tier 1 asset as per Basel 3 agreement unlike gold.

https://stonexbullion.com/en/blog/basel-iii-and-the-gold-market/#:~:text=The impact of Basel III,to cash and government bonds.

Edited by cstand

32 minutes ago, cstand said:

So if elected he will continue to devalue the dollar with more money printing, more government borrowing and more government spending creating inflation to drive up the price of Bitcoin which the government owns. 😳

So if you own Bitcoin you will fine but everyone else will be drowning in a sea rampant inflation to the point where some people will not be able to afford to eat.

Yep lol

The money printing, government borrowing and the sea of inflation is built in forever though regardless of who gets in 🤷lol

47 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yep lol

The money printing, government borrowing and the sea of inflation is built in forever though regardless of who gets in 🤷lol

Promising that it will happen to drive up the price of Bitcoin is market manipulation since Bitcoin is now an ETF , I would say that’s illegal, if not it should be.

Although I am invested in gold. PAT gold mining company up 45% on Friday, I would be more happy if I was not forced into this position.
I would rather have governments get money printing, spending and debt under control even if it means lots of difficult of spending cuts, then I would be able to put my retirement money in some boring dividend paying ETF and not have to worry about the future.

Edited by cstand

26 minutes ago, cstand said:

Promising that it will happen to drive up the price of Bitcoin is market manipulation since Bitcoin is now an ETF , I would say that’s illegal, if not it should be.

Although I am invested in gold. PAT gold mining company up 45% on Friday, I would be more happy if I was not forced into this position.
I would rather have governments get money printing, spending and debt under control even if it means lots of difficult of spending cuts, then I would be able to put my retirement money in some boring dividend paying ETF and not have to worry about the future.

Agree

In the 2008 stock market collapse nearly every asset lost value including gold, don’t think for one minute that BTC will be immune to any stock market collapse.

Peter Schiff predicted Celsius scam 7 months before it imploded.

7 minutes ago, cstand said:

In the 2008 stock market collapse nearly every asset lost value including gold, don’t think for one minute that BTC will be immune to any stock market collapse.

Peter Schiff predicted Celsius scam 7 months before it imploded.

No ones saying it is invincible to a crash like every other market

its only a 16 yo asset and is still being adopted.

celcius was a company? Not your keys not your bitcoin right? Nothing to do with the fundamentals of bitcoin.

Bitcoin crashed but i bet ur bottom dollar it came back the strongest too? 

not that iv checked.. just an educational guess. 

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

No ones saying it is invincible to a crash like every other market

its only a 16 yo asset and is still being adopted.

celcius was a company? Not your keys not your bitcoin right? Nothing to do with the fundamentals of bitcoin.

Bitcoin crashed but i bet ur bottom dollar it came back the strongest too? 

not that iv checked.. just an educational guess. 

Celsius the company went bust because they must have been borrowing money trading BTC to pay the dividend yield they promised to customers.

Edited by cstand