Alternative Christmas lunch/dinner

Mostyn6

Had minted lamb shanks this year. Feel a bit guilty for saying they was banging after @Mostyn6post.

I’ve had a few Christmases by myself, fully sympathise with you and feeling like not wanting to put on others, it’s a horrible feeling.

Worst one has got to be when I was 19, wasn’t on talking terms with family, alone in my flat, skint, electric ran out in the morning, no money to top it up so tried to cook those 9p instant noodles on a tea light. 

Didn’t work, spent the day in bed starving and just drinking tap water trying, felt like the longest day ever.

Next day I staggered out of bed to borrow a tenner off a mate. 

Looking back, I would prefer to go through that again than eat a slice of Turkey. Wouldn’t wish a slice of that even on a Leeds fan.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, David said:

Had minted lamb shanks this year. Feel a bit guilty for saying they was banging after @Mostyn6post.

I’ve had a few Christmases by myself, fully sympathise with you and feeling like not wanting to put on others, it’s a horrible feeling.

Worst one has got to be when I was 19, wasn’t on talking terms with family, alone in my flat, skint, electric ran out in the morning, no money to top it up so tried to cook those 9p instant noodles on a tea light. 

Didn’t work, spent the day in bed starving and just drinking tap water trying, felt like the longest day ever.

Next day I staggered out of bed to borrow a tenner off a mate. 

Looking back, I would prefer to go through that again than eat a slice of Turkey. Wouldn’t wish a slice of that even on a Leeds fan.

Wish I’d have trusted my instincts and gone with beef or lamb. But I saw a Turkey crown, just about the right size for Christmas lunch and a leftover Curry. Feeling all festive, plumped for it. Shame. Won’t be doing it again, although I am due Turkey every Christmas from my new employer. 

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I ask again, without the Grimsby get-out clause (which was an afterthought anyway), what’s your problem with tap water?

I never get why people are anti tap water. My wife spends a fortune on bottled water each week.  Does my head in. 

Nowt wrong with tap water imo. I drink lots.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I ask again, without the Grimsby get-out clause (which was an afterthought anyway), what’s your problem with tap water?

I never said anything was wrong with it, but when it’s all you have and no food, it’s understandable to be a bit ugh

Archived