If we go down...

BuckoBeast

32 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Absolutely, I know that the phantom figure between revenue in League One and the Championship was £7m a year. I would suspect with ourselves it would become closer to £10m a year loss in revenue. It could perhaps mean even more, because I certainly agree with your 16000 figure. I would imagine some bigger games would result in more, but that would be our base - Stevenage on a Tuesday night - figure. 

The new owners would have the option to continue with the category one academy. Sunderland do. The operational budget needs to be £2.5m for it to be classed as a category one academy - not to dissimilar to what the EFL want clubs in League One to be run at. 

Assuming all U23 clubs are still able to enroll in the Paint Trophy (or whatever it's called now) then we could see a Derby County U23 home game against Derby County. Magic of the cup. 

Derby County v Derby County? We couldn’t lose that surely!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

If we do go down, then we would lose Knight, Bird, Sibley, Lawrence, Bielik, Jozwiak and Buchanan. It would make us the richest club in League 1. But who would we attract to bounce back?

Hutchinson,J Brown ,A Brown,Watson,Ebosele, Mcdonald,Stretton,Wilson.............net cost     nowt 

The 'question' is soon going to change if something does not done very soon from "If we go down" to "When we go down" .

"Time and tide waits for no man or club". 

While we dither, wait  and ponder match after match goes by with little or no improvement or change of fortune. 

At the moment were a club in limbo both on and off the field just drifting inextricably towards the abyss.   

WAKE UP Derby

2 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

The 'question' is soon going to change if something does not done very soon from "If we go down" to "When we go down" .

"Time and tide waits for no man or club". 

While we dither, wait  and ponder match after match goes by with little or no improvement or change of fortune. 

At the moment were a club in limbo both on and off the field just drifting inextricably towards the abyss.   

WAKE UP Derby

Couldn't agree more. And why is the proposed takeover dragging on for so long. It's been imminent since we parted company with Cocu. My worry is that it's not going to happen. Why would the sheikh (or anyone) want to pump money into our club in its current state?

16 hours ago, Rev said:

No chance of carrying on a Cat 1 academy with Lg 1 income, just when our next batch would be ripe for plucking.

Why would we be bothered about losing a bit more money? It's not like we make a profit now and there will be a fire sale on our "talent" if we go down.

We wouldn't have to worry about losses from an FFP perspective in league 1 and I'm pretty certain the academy stuff doesn't count towards it anyway does it? When we sell the rest of our players it can cover the academy for a couple of season. If Mel is in charge I guess he wouldn't want to lose anymore money, but I'm not sure the potential new owners would be that bothered if it helped them get promoted.

Archived