What will happen......(NOT ITK)

IslandExile

I am not in the know at all. In fact, I am usually the last person to find out about anything.

I am also usually level headed, not overly optimistic or pessimistic...."treating each imposter the same" and all that.

OK, that's the small print over, but here's my uneducated guess as to what will happen next.....

The takeover will fall through. That's just a hunch, based on what I read about the Newcastle affair. Plus, if the aim is to get a club into the Premier League quickly, we cannot be the most exciting offering around. Even if it did go through, wouldn't FFP prevent us from spending what we need to spend?

So, that leaves Mel as the owner. Mel has pumped lots of money into the club - and even his critics should recognize and appreciate that - but, clearly, he is not prepared to keep bank rolling the club.

We all know we needed a centre forward in the summer. We couldn't keep Martin or get another one in so we drafted in CKR (no offence Colin, you get an unfair bad rap from supporters who have hardly seen you play). We had to sell two highly thought of youngsters to buy in a bit of creativity (Jozwiak). Other purchases are bargain basements - though I do think they all four are bargains and I look forward to Ibe and Duncan being fit.

Anyhow, the point is that without the takeover, the club has no money.

So you can forget bringing in Benitez, Allardyce and managers of that ilk.

I think the McClaren appointment probably points at an inexperienced manager - Rooney, Rosenior or Terry (if we can afford another on the payroll).

However, it's obviously not working well at the moment - part of that is the committe nonsense but a lot of it is down to the poor squad we have. I agree they should be performing better and they're good enough for mid-table but that's all. Without confidence, with poor management, with no creativity - let alone a finisher - we will continue to struggle.

Due to finances, we will have to appoint from within. So, I do not think it will be long before McClaren takes over from the committee as the sole decision maker on first team selections, tactics etc. I believe that will help lift us from the relegation places.

However.....as much as Louie Sibley is a Derby fan, he will have to think of his career. The same goes for Bird, Knight, Buchanan, Bielik, the others coming through.

With no takeover, no more funds from Mel, the loss of crowds, we will have no choice but to sell these gems in order to keep the club ticking over.

I am dreading January.

We need a takeover - urgently - whether it's this one or another, I do not know enough to judge that (I just remember Maxwell - shudder).

Otherwise, it's going to be a bleak winter. Sorry. COYR ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DerbyNutter said:

Takeover will not fall through and I'm only saying this because the owners regularly in touch with Wayne Liam Mel and Stephen via Zoom so that suggested to me is the takeover is already done IMO. 

I hope you are right.

I also hope it means we can afford to bring in a top manager now and players in January.

(I hope it's not "No, really your Excellency, losing 3-0 away to a Warnock side is a good thing. It shows we are ready to step up to the Premier League. Don't go. Please don't go......")

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I hope you are right.

I also hope it means we can afford to bring in a top manager now and players in January.

(I hope it's not "No, really your Excellency, losing 3-0 away to a Warnock side is a good thing. It shows we are ready to step up to the Premier League. Don't go. Please don't go......")

I'm sure we'll get decent manager in shortly but who would that be is a question. Serdar Dursun please ?

I’m quite hopeful something will give eventually and we’ll win enough games to get us away from danger 

I accept some performances have been poor but there have also been a number of good performances where we didn’t get what we deserve from games 

I think that will change at some point and I accept it’s hard to remain hopeful at this point but, if I’m being as rational as I think I possibly can be, that’s my opinion 

What I think will happen:

McClaren will be given interim 1st team management responsibility, with Rooney and Rosenoir continuing to be influential coaches. 

Results remain abject. 

In about two weeks time the take over failing becomes public knowledge. 

In January, everybody who can leave does. 

We get relegated with barely a whimper. 

Fans of all the other championship teams laugh at us. 

Archived