We've got 5 subs and we're gonna use them

Carl Sagan

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I could not agree more. Great points also by @Carl Sagan

It seems to have been lost in the hysteria about the referee's performance & pride in how long we battled with 10 men but the substitution decisions yesterday were appalling...and that is all on Rooney.

To play with 10 men from the 20th minute & not put on any sub until 85 mins is just staggering. Even worse, he didnt take any of the 3 man midfield off who had worked themselves into the ground...including Bielik who was clearly having some issues with his knee.

Rooney will rightfully get credit on here when we play well & he sets us up right i.e. like Swansea or Millwall. He therefore absolutely deserves criticism for his part in yesterday's defeat. The timing of the goal should not detract from the overall analysis of what happened (or didnt happen).

Are you saying that not making subs cost us the point ? 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure he's big enough to accept it. But what you cannot prove is that subs of the quality of Evans and Holmes would have won us points.

At that stage its less about quality than it is about energy.

I also wouldn't be starting Holmes or Evans but the former is very quick to close down which could have disrupted/stopped late delivery into the box & the latter is composed & decent in the air.

22 hours ago, Tombo said:

What is this obsession with defending everything the management are doing?

Can't wait for the Rooney love-in to end so we can start having serious conversations about tactical decisions by the manager again.

The only obsession I'm seeing is those that are constantly attacking everything the management are doing... like waiting for the final whistle before brilliantly observing that not using sub(s) was the sole reason we conceded a point-costing goal.

Perhaps we are both wrong, and there is no obsession at all... just differing opinions?

I do understand the general point but I think Rooney is trying not to ruin the “rhythm” which is admittedly a bit meaningless 

However, saying we should have brought on more subs when we literally saw out the 96 minutes very admirably is a bit hindsighty 

Archived