Perceptions on how to play the beautiful game.

Curtains

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

A lot of that was down to Mount and Wilson when Frank was here...

Regardless of that, the point still stands. We're crap, we don't create chances, we don't run in behind. It's boring sideways possession football.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don’t see why people expect Cocu to wave a magic wand and increase the pace and strength of our forward players. They are what they are and there aren’t many of them. Until we can afford to bring in more pace, or Waghorn/Ibe/ Sibley/ Lawrence/ Bielik are fit and available, we’re going to struggle. 

I don’t know whether Kazim Richards can provide anything different in terms of pace but I doubt it. We’re snookered short term. If Cocu were to leave, who is it exactly within our present squad who would suddenly start to play in a different way, providing the pace, strength and goals that we are so desperately lacking now?

39 minutes ago, BOB BIGGS said:

I still don’t see why people expect Cocu to wave a magic wand and increase the pace and strength of our forward players. They are what they are and there aren’t many of them. Until we can afford to bring in more pace, or Waghorn/Ibe/ Sibley/ Lawrence/ Bielik are fit and available, we’re going to struggle. 

I don’t know whether Kazim Richards can provide anything different in terms of pace but I doubt it. We’re snookered short term. If Cocu were to leave, who is it exactly within our present squad who would suddenly start to play in a different way, providing the pace, strength and goals that we are so desperately lacking now?

Be nice if any of the "Cocu outers" would even attempt to answer that question.

Archived