Matthew Clarke

Curtains

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

I'm not sure it is as cheap an option as people think - I bet we paid a loan fee, which from Prem clubs is usually £1m+ and then his wages would be on the high end I would imagine - He's on Premier League wages

Hard to say on that front without knowing the details. I do think it's likely it's cheaper than buying someone who is going to be a comparable sure thing. 

To clarify though I'm not saying we have to sign Clarke, there is likely a myriad of players who would be as good and maybe better. Just think he ticks a lot of the right boxes for what we would be after and given we have a more limited time to operate it could be a sensible move.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To be honest I’m not sure what to think of Bielik.

I am yet to be convinced.

I am also unconvinced about Wisdom at CB as I prefer him at RB 

I think its because he's a touch unrefined right now and needs a bit of time to develop positionally and tactically.

I think the deal to be done is a loan with an option to buy at the end of next season.  Limits our upfront expenditure so that any available funds can be concentrated elsewhere.  Potentially could be structured as say '4m to buy if we're in the Championship' and '6m if we got promoted'?

I think Brighton could well be tempted for what will be their 5th or 6th choice centre half.

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

it is . That's was Gees last hurrah as a Derby Superstar really.

Theres quite a common thread with strikers who seem to do well having been extracted from non league  level more than any position- gee, christie, ian wright, kevin philips, che adams I can think of straight away.  If you can get one with that x factor they love nothing more than making up for lost time . 

Jamie Vardy hasn't done so badly either

Archived