Cresswell Crags

Frogram

I looked up this place , as I mean to visit when next in the UK . I always thought it was in Derbyshire , indeed Wikipedia states as much . I was surprised to see that our eastern neighbours have laid claim to it , anyone local in the know ? 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frogram said:

I looked up this place , as I mean to visit when next in the UK . I always thought it was in Derbyshire , indeed Wikipedia states as much . I was surprised to see that our eastern neighbours have laid claim to it , anyone local in the know ? 

I’m sure it’s in Derbyshire it is on the boarder though. It’s interesting if you like that kind of thing. There’s a visitor centre and I’m sure there are some paintings or engravings on the cave walls and an axe and some other stuff too.

I think technically it's in Derbyshire but yes very close. Deffo worth a visit anyway. To avoid paying for parking go to the western end just off the village and walk through the crags and caves to the visitor centre. You can pay to see the exhibitions and also pay to go inside the caves on a guided tour. Cafe is nice. 

Archived