On 02/04/2020 at 11:19, ariotofmyown said:

I'll go for a 'britpop' one

1. Ash

2. Bluetones

3. Super Furry Animals

4. Oasis

5. Sleeper

6. Kulashaker

Sleeper is the band I never saw, although now they have reformed I might get the chance!

SFA are the only band I ever saw in their pomp, first time in 96 at Phoenix festival and about 6 times since. I regrettably saw Kulashaker there instead of watching Bowie or Neil Young (it was one of them, I missed the other for Lush!) 

I saw Oasis on same night as Lpool won Champions League in Istanbul. Gig was at Elephant and Castle and they showed whole game, then came on playing You'll Never Walk Alone. Only time I saw them and was good nostalgic fun.

I saw Bluetones and Ash at Shiiine about 3 years ago. Ash weren't exactly mindblowing but Bluetones still showed why they were touted as Stone Roses successors at one point.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Apologies I never replied to this. I managed to see them 3 times, best one was a long, one off show at the Barbican where they played for ages. They released it as a live album too.

I saw Robert Forster last year, definitely go and see him. He plays a few Go-betweens song too and his solo stuff is great.

There is a really good Go-betweens documentary if you haven't seen it. It was on Sky Arts in the UK.

My mate lives in Brisbane now so will hopefully go there one day to see the Go-betweens  bridge!

It’s funny how you have bands on your doorstep but then spend more time watching foreign bands. Still shattered Squeeze postponed their tour. Do hope to see him one day. I use the bridge a fair bit as we own a unit in Southbank and live on the other side of the river, Pity it’s a toll bridge though.

7 hours ago, Stagtime said:

It’s funny how you have bands on your doorstep but then spend more time watching foreign bands. Still shattered Squeeze postponed their tour. Do hope to see him one day. I use the bridge a fair bit as we own a unit in Southbank and live on the other side of the river, Pity it’s a toll bridge though.

Squeeze are a must live, my wife went with us last time (under protest almost, "don't like new wave") and was completely hooked by them. Talent will always out,

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Sleeper is the band I never saw, although now they have reformed I might get the chance!

SFA are the only band I ever saw in their pomp, first time in 96 at Phoenix festival and about 6 times since. I regrettably saw Kulashaker there instead of watching Bowie or Neil Young (it was one of them, I missed the other for Lush!) 

I saw Oasis on same night as Lpool won Champions League in Istanbul. Gig was at Elephant and Castle and they showed whole game, then came on playing You'll Never Walk Alone. Only time I saw them and was good nostalgic fun.

I saw Bluetones and Ash at Shiiine about 3 years ago. Ash weren't exactly mindblowing but Bluetones still showed why they were touted as Stone Roses successors at one point.

Saw Sleeper you didn't miss much.

My sister is a regular gig goer and saw Neil Young- after 2 1/2 hours the only gig she left early through boredom.

Saw Bowie at Rock City.  You did miss out there.

Ash I've seen twice . One very good in Holland but they were on the comeback trail so perhaps putting on there best show.

Bluetones the new Stone Roses - behave yourself Brian your a very naughty boy.

Kula Shaker -one good song and that was a cover - bloody posh boys.

Saw Oasis at The on Friargate with about 50 people.  Then Heaton park .  Friargate was better as I was spared the coked up barrage of tuneless crowd singing and the bloke who pissed over my shoes on the quiet.

Never seen SFA.

58 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Saw Sleeper you didn't miss much.

My sister is a regular gig goer and saw Neil Young- after 2 1/2 hours the only gig she left early through boredom.

Saw Bowie at Rock City.  You did miss out there.

Ash I've seen twice . One very good in Holland but they were on the comeback trail so perhaps putting on there best show.

Bluetones the new Stone Roses - behave yourself Brian your a very naughty boy.

Kula Shaker -one good song and that was a cover - bloody posh boys.

Saw Oasis at The on Friargate with about 50 people.  Then Heaton park .  Friargate was better as I was spared the coked up barrage of tuneless crowd singing and the bloke who pissed over my shoes on the quiet.

Never seen SFA.

Only 'touted' as the next Stone Roses. A couple of their tunes are amazing though.

SFA hopefully will do an anniversary tour again like they did for Fuzzy Logic and Radiator about 3 years ago.

Archived