6 Bands, but one is a lie

Bob The Badger

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

List 6 bands or people you have seen perform live, but one of them is not true.

Here are mine.

1. The Stranglers

2. Joy Division

3. Madonna

4. Kylie Minogue

5. Simple Minds

6. The Buzzcocks

Note: I did not invent this utter waste of time, I totally stole it off Facebook.

If you went to the same first concert I did you would have seen Joy Division supporting The Buzzcocks at the Assembly Rooms. Stranglers and Simple Minds, who were actually supported by China Crisis (back to the other Northampton Balloon Festival thread) all played there in that time. And not a ticket above £3, though it seems you could sell the stub for fifty times that now (or at least list it).

image.thumb.png.46f82c955cc0afa3f0014c19fea09239.png

1 hour ago, Stagtime said:

1. AC/DC

2. The Stranglers

3. Metallica 

4. The Go Betweens

5. The Saints

6. Graham Parker & the Rumour

I hope you have seen the Go-betweens. One of my fave ever band. Saw them 3 times and saw Robert Forster last year too. Do I remember you saying you lived in Brisbane?

24 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I hope you have seen the Go-betweens. One of my fave ever band. Saw them 3 times and saw Robert Forster last year too. Do I remember you saying you lived in Brisbane?

Just outside of Brisbane, and they are the one band I regretfully haven’t seen. We’ve had some great bands from here everything from the Bee Gees, the Saints Powderfinger and the Go Betweens. I’ve got their cd’s but unfortunately didn’t see them live. Cattle and Cane is one of my all time favourites, reminds me of my hometown.

3 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

If you went to the same first concert I did you would have seen Joy Division supporting The Buzzcocks at the Assembly Rooms. Stranglers and Simple Minds, who were actually supported by China Crisis (back to the other Northampton Balloon Festival thread) all played there in that time. And not a ticket above £3, though it seems you could sell the stub for fifty times that now (or at least list it).

I was on the same tour but as I saw them at the Top Rank in Sheffield.

Saw Simple Minds in Nottingham to a ¾ empty venue, forget which now.

I set off to go and see The Stranglers, but missed my connection in Bakewell. Watched the Sheffield bus pull off as mine pulled in ?

4 hours ago, TimRam said:

1. UFO

2. Leo Sayer

3. AC/DC

4. Iron Maiden

5. Bon Jovi

6. Kiss

I stopped reading after No1.

Anyone claiming to have seen a UFO is a stark raving loony, in my book!  I've no time for your gobbledegook!

?

4 hours ago, TimRam said:

1. UFO

2. Leo Sayer

3. AC/DC

4. Iron Maiden

5. Bon Jovi

6. Kiss

That list started so well and then tapered off a bit, ending in what must surely be a jest.  i refuse to believe you went to a Kiss concert.

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Wow i'm ducking Rich!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/04/2020 at 11:51, Stagtime said:

Just outside of Brisbane, and they are the one band I regretfully haven’t seen. We’ve had some great bands from here everything from the Bee Gees, the Saints Powderfinger and the Go Betweens. I’ve got their cd’s but unfortunately didn’t see them live. Cattle and Cane is one of my all time favourites, reminds me of my hometown.

Apologies I never replied to this. I managed to see them 3 times, best one was a long, one off show at the Barbican where they played for ages. They released it as a live album too.

I saw Robert Forster last year, definitely go and see him. He plays a few Go-betweens song too and his solo stuff is great.

There is a really good Go-betweens documentary if you haven't seen it. It was on Sky Arts in the UK.

My mate lives in Brisbane now so will hopefully go there one day to see the Go-betweens  bridge!

Archived