Arsenal v Derby Match Thread

Day

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed that, never seen the whole game before on TV.

Four of us drove down and parked at Cockfosters. got the tube to Finsbury Park and me cousin (on leave from the Army) knew a good boozer....walked in the crowded pub, squeezed through to the bar and asked for 2 pints of lager and 2 bitters.....the whole pub went silent as everyone turned to look at the norvenors....me cousin was a 6'2" squaddie and calmly started talking to the goobers, he had the gift of the gab and they left us alone.

Cracking day out. 

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Really enjoyed that, never seen the whole game before on TV.

Four of us drove down and parked at Cockfosters. got the tube to Finsbury Park and me cousin (on leave from the Army) knew a good boozer....walked in the crowded pub, squeezed through to the bar and asked for 2 pints of lager and 2 bitters.....the whole pub went silent as everyone turned to look at the norvenors....me cousin was a 6'2" squaddie and calmly started talking to the goobers, he had the gift of the gab and they left us alone.

Cracking day out. 

I know I sound like an old codger. . . but football was much more real life back then. What a shame we have lost that edginess from the game. 

Archived