The Politics Thread 2020

44 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So the government are funding schools with an extra billion pounds, to help children who have missed out on their education. 

One of the proposed schemes that this money will pay for, is one to one tutoring of pupils that have been disadvantaged during lockdown. This all sounds very good but where are they going to find all the extra trained teachers that will be needed to carry this out?

Or will it be done by untrained staff, that are supplied by a private company. Wonder who'll get that contract

Save the cash get the kids back in School, simple really 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Or, I was responding to a silly meme poking fun at white folks with a silly meme of my own.

Ah, I remember why I had you on ignore before.. ? 

As you were.

My favourite thing is that Schtive loves that shitty boomer tier meme so much that this is at least the second time he's posted it. It's nearly as funny as John Oliver.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

My favourite thing is that Schtive loves that shitty boomer tier meme so much that this is at least the second time he's posted it. It's nearly as funny as John Oliver.

We all know the left can't meme..

1 minute ago, Anon said:

I wish I didn't love it - most people posting in this thread seem to wisely swerve the politics thread where I posted it before, so it deserved a second mention, especially as it's even more apt in this thread that's actually supposed to be about sports.

Glad that it annoyed enough to try and have a dig at me about it though.  If only that made the meme incorrect. Nope

15 minutes ago, djfred84 said:

Problem is schools cannot fit kids as well as social distancing hence why schools are sometimes struggling at 15 a class.

Scrap social distancing for Schools, stats show kids are pretty unlikely to be effected. In fact scrap social distancing completely, we have for the past 2 weekends and haven’t seen a increase in infections. 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Scrap social distancing for Schools, stats show kids are pretty unlikely to be effected. In fact scrap social distancing completely, we have for the past 2 weekends and haven’t seen a increase in infections. 

I'm more worried about my kids infecting my parents, in their 70s with serious health issues. 

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm more worried about my kids infecting my parents, in their 70s with serious health issues. 

I’m more worried about my kids education and future  

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Generally there's a lag - We won't know what effect loosening social distancing has for a couple of weeks at least - That's why decisions on changing lockdown conditions are supposedly 4 weeks apart

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’m more worried about my kids education and future  

Good look with that have a look at beijing and new zealand and we have no real track and trace in place or will not have till winter. Are you one of it's only the flu brigade and know more than the scientists. 

Just now, djfred84 said:

Good look with that have a look at beijing and new zealand and we have no real track and trace in place or will not have till winter. Are you one of it's only the flu brigade and know more than the scientists. 

It’s luck btw.  No I’m not, just want a bit of common sense put in practice

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

The major problem is it wasn't dealt with early or quick enough - The countries who've managed to stamp it out took fast, decisive and (fairly) extreme action - We didn't 

Once the volumes are high (we're still at 1200 reported new cases per day, and some modelling suggests it's higher) you have to extend measures for longer to either let it move through the population slowly or slowly wear out

What other levels of common sense do you suggest?

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Common sense tells me I'd rather work at getting children caught up on their education that try to find a way to reincarnate the dead.

Just now, cheron85 said:

The major problem is it wasn't dealt with early or quick enough - The countries who've managed to stamp it out took fast, decisive and (fairly) extreme action - We didn't 

Once the volumes are high (we're still at 1200 reported new cases per day, and some modelling suggests it's higher) you have to extend measures for longer to either let it move through the population slowly or slowly wear out

What other levels of common sense do you suggest?

If you have the symptoms stay in for 2 weeks, job done. We can’t continue like this forever (although I do think some want that) the damage will be far greater (imo of course)

Just now, GboroRam said:

Common sense tells me I'd rather work at getting children caught up on their education that try to find a way to reincarnate the dead.

How’s that then? Two working parents for example, how do the kids get an education if they can’t go to school? 

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

If you have the symptoms stay in for 2 weeks, job done. We can’t continue like this forever (although I do think some want that) the damage will be far greater (imo of course)

Have you read much about the illness?

They know that people are contagious before they get symptoms - They think it's for 48 hours beforehand - Think about a normal day and how many people you come into contact with in 2 full days - Then think about how many people kids in school come into contact with in 2 full days

They also don't know whether people who are completely symptomless can pass on the virus - So you could never show any symptoms and still infect everyone you come into contact with for a couple of weeks

Archived