Exciting ain't it

bimmerman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another reason to rush into the Rooney deal, aside from beating the competition, is that not only does a new signing get to work with Cocu but also a chance to play alongside Rooney. That in itself has to be a big draw at this level.

2 hours ago, bimmerman said:

All this talk of signing Rooney, having cocu, last year having lampard and Cole.... 

More excited about the Philip Cocu brand of Derby football

Trying not to get too far ahead of myself but we looked good going forward first half and then solid in defence in the second - It's very odd...

2 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

To think this time 2 years ago, we we're all upset because Rowett left us for Stoke - what a bunch of idiots (myself included)!

I wasn't - That was the start of the return to excitement for me ? 

Enjoyed half time on Sky yesterday when I kept wanting them to ask Rowett why he didn't just get the team to play like that - "You know Gary? Football... It's what you and Tony Pulis seem to have forgotten about"

Rams chairman Mel Morris insisted Rooney would "first and foremost" be joining the club as a player.

"To have Wayne Rooney as a player, and equally as an aspiring coach, is incredible and I can only imagine the buzz this will generate amongst our supporters at home and internationally," he said.

"This is clearly an exciting signing for us, and Wayne's presence will further enhance the club's standing and its ability to perform both on and off the pitch.

"Obviously, the commercial opportunities this creates are widespread and significant. On the back of Wayne joining the club, we have just been offered a record-breaking sponsorship deal with our principal shirt sponsor."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49243606

?

53 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Another reason to rush into the Rooney deal, aside from beating the competition, is that not only does a new signing get to work with Cocu but also a chance to play alongside Rooney. That in itself has to be a big draw at this level.

Imagine the draw to younger players who have a choice of under 18/23 clubs to go to...

Come to Derby, great facilities, oh and you can be coached/play along side your countries all time top goalscorer 

Masterstroke from Mel which will pay for itself in shirt sales and commercial activity 

Archived