Exciting ain't it

bimmerman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

To think this time 2 years ago, we we're all upset because Rowett left us for Stoke - what a bunch of idiots (myself included)!

Exciting times for Derby County!

To be fair I think most of us was elated Rowett ducked off and we got £2 mil for the privilege 

Utterly mental times. Imagine someone telling you a couple of years back that we’d have Lampard and cocu as managers and Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney we’re gonna pull on the Derby shirt... you’d have been laughed out the room! Let’s just hope the big names live up to it and finally get us up! It’s been a bloody long time coming..

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Utterly mental times. Imagine someone telling you a couple of years back that we’d have Lampard and cocu as managers and Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney we’re gonna pull on the Derby shirt... you’d have been laughed out the room! Let’s just hope the big names live up to it and finally get us up! It’s been a bloody long time coming..

I don't even care if we go up, enjoying the ride!!! ?

1 hour ago, JoeDerby said:

To think this time 2 years ago, we we're all upset because Rowett left us for Stoke - what a bunch of idiots (myself included)!

Exciting times for Derby County!

My thoughts last night during the pre match chat,he must have been as sick as a parrot. Didnt he say Stoke had greater opportunities than Derby.Still he did us a favour

The unnamed player that text Jim White used the right word, phenomenal.

Whilst some may not agree with all of his decisions, Mel's ambition since walking through the door cannot be questioned, to pull this off is an incredible coup for the club both on and off the pitch.

I understand some may not appreciate the "Brand Rooney", but this is football now, you would be mad to ignore the commercial side of the game and the revenue can bring the club. 

Appointing Lampard last summer was a ballsy move by Mel, without last season I don't see Cocu or Rooney here, so whilst some may still be angry with Frank, I will choose to remember his time more fondly as it could be the start of a new era at the club which is exciting for sure.

4 minutes ago, David said:

The unnamed player that text Jim White used the right word, phenomenal.

Whilst some may not agree with all of his decisions, Mel's ambition since walking through the door cannot be questioned, to pull this off is an incredible coup for the club both on and off the pitch.

I understand some may not appreciate the "Brand Rooney", but this is football now, you would be mad to ignore the commercial side of the game and the revenue can bring the club. 

Appointing Lampard last summer was a ballsy move by Mel, without last season I don't see Cocu or Rooney here, so whilst some may still be angry with Frank, I will choose to remember his time more fondly as it could be the start of a new era at the club which is exciting for sure.

paul rudd brown noser GIF

44 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

especially if they had told you that we would be still in the second tier

It is genuinely difficult to believe that we've gone from Rowett to Cocu in a matter of a couple of seasons let alone having Cole at left back and now Rooney leading the line. The commercial opportunities i imagine are quite large especially when it comes to televising games. I'd also imagine tickets would be far harder to come by if we were going well by January and Rooney came in ? All in all it's a great deal for the club as his record in America has been consistently good and he was a solid player for Everton when he was played in his best position.  

Archived