Cycling to home games.

swanny

18 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

As I found out, there are few people outside the ground when the match is on and everybody is occupied with the game. Thieves know that they have a good 45 minutes to nab a bike with little chance of interference.

The club did say that they would monitor the area where the bikes are parked by doing spot checks. This was a few years ago and I've no idea how successful it was as I usually walk to the ground. To be fair to the stewards, I forgot the key to my bike lock once and they let me store it safely in the ground.  

Upon realising that he had forgotten his key, the embarrassed Key Club King stated "I apologies wholeheartedly to all club members, and hereby relinquish my title with immediate effect."       ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/07/2020 at 07:22, CornwallRam said:

Amazing that. For about 4 hours around game time, the Pride Park area is teaming with police, stewards and security guards. Surely it should be the safest place in the country to leave your bike?

It's amazing to think that some people still believe that the police, stewards and security guards would be interested in catching some criminals!

Stewards will be too busy making sure parents haven't smuggled healthy food into the ground to feed their kids after already spending about £100 plus to see us get shafted at home by Millwall. Or too busy shouting at their own fans to behave or sit down when creating a positive supporting atmosphere.

Security guards will be hiding from the Police to make sure they don't get nabbed for all their dodgy schemes.

Police will be too busy following loads of teenagers about dressed in stone island clobber that like to run around a bit chasing one another before the Police moan about being over worked when they get involved in socially distancing the few thousand fans that will initially be allowed to go back to football.

CornwallRam "Don't Stand Too Close To Me"............you'd be better off sat on your bike watching the game in your garage!

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Upon realising that he had forgotten his key, the embarrassed Key Club King stated "I apologies wholeheartedly to all club members, and hereby relinquish my title with immediate effect."       ?

I will however retain my plastic key, guaranteed standing spot in the Normanton End, and the right to exchange 25 Panini stickers at half-time.

Archived